Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm going to get smashed tonight at home watching mnf and toast the eventual arrest and imprisonment of fuq, mvp and others in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I've made light of before, in another drunk driving thread while you were on your high-horse campaigning against the evils of it- didn't you intentionally try to run someone off the road by putting your car into their driver side door? Seems interesting to me that you'd be so appalled by drunk driving yet in a specific instance you're a far bigger immediate threat than any and all drunk drivers that may be on the road at any given time. Do you at least see the hypocrisy of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. what i did was intentional vehicular assault. i was in complete control of my actions and knew exactly what i was doing.

there is a big difference between that and trying to justify pattern drunk driving as being "ok".
Old 11-26-2007, 01:03 PM

but I thought the problem was that someone could be killed? certainly that was a reasonable outcome given the nature of your action. So the issue here is not the "menace" drunk driving poses to society, rather it's that you're not "in control of your actions"? I haven't heard self-control applied as the reasoning for DUI laws, and I think you're grasping at straws.

So in conclusion- intentional vehicular assault=ok, because you knew what you were doing, and drinking and driving in any capacity= incomprehensible? You make a lot of sense man, I'm glad you don't have any position as a law enforcement agent or policy maker

edit:also, according to the standard or right and wrong that you presented, a cold-blooded murderer who makes a conscious,controlled decision to slice someone's throat is not as bad as a drunk driver for the simple fact that they were in control of their actions (according to the By-Tor standard of self-control)?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I thought the problem was that someone could be killed? certainly that was a reasonable outcome given the nature of your action. So the issue here is not the "menace" drunk driving poses to society, rather it's that you're not "in control of your actions"? I haven't heard self-control applied as the reasoning for DUI laws, and I think you're grasping at straws.

So in conclusion- intentional vehicular assault=ok, because you knew what you were doing, and drinking and driving in any capacity= incomprehensible? You make a lot of sense man, I'm glad you don't have any position as a law enforcement agent or policy maker

edit:also, according to the standard or right and wrong that you presented, a cold-blooded murderer who makes a conscious,controlled decision to slice someone's throat is not as bad as a drunk driver for the simple fact that they were in control of their actions (according to the By-Tor standard of self-control)?

[/ QUOTE ]

what makes you think there was not some sort of punishment for my actions?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what makes you think there was not some sort of punishment for my actions?

[/ QUOTE ]

your general attitude seems to indicate that you think what you did wasn't that bad at all, while possibly driving drunk is the devil's work. What was your penalty, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is a big difference between that and trying to justify pattern drunk driving as being "ok".

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did me or Tuq or anyone else say it was ok? "Not as bad as raping and murdering babies like everyone else on here claims"=/= "ok"
Old 11-26-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure not one person in this thead made an "excuse" for OP's behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-26-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, what you're telling me is that the cops in your area suck and may make up a reason or exaggerate their suspicions. I'm sorry that happens. And you know what, since you're so up in arms about this, maybe you're right. Maybe I'm lucky enough to live in areas where the cops don't suck. However, you didn't exactly disprove my statement. They had a reason, and I wasn't there. I never even said they had to be perfectly, beyond a shadow of a doubt right about their reason. I've been pulled over twice for kinda weak reasons (1 for not coming to a complete stop, and 1 for not signaling a lane change) but I wasn't drunk either.

I guess it always goes to the quality of police where you live. And as I said, there's one REALLY easy way to not get DUI's even if you choose to live in a place with cops who will stop you for weak reasons.

[/ QUOTE ] cops can make it up. Ive been pulled over many times just driving straight down a road doing nothing. Ive never drank and one time my brother was driving who hd never drank at the time. He starts shining a flashlight in our eyes telling us our eyes are bloodshot and weve been drinking. Obviously we deny and say we havent drank anything and on the way home from a friends. He finally gives us our liscenses and lets us go.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did me or Tuq or anyone else say it was ok? "Not as bad as raping and murdering babies like everyone else on here claims"=/= "ok"

[/ QUOTE ]

every time to try to argue that the current bar (.08) for classification of dui is too low or should not apply to all people, you are indirectly attempting to justify the actions of drunk drivers.

let me know when someone gets life in prison for a dui involving no deaths and then we'll talk about and/or compare it to the baby murdering thing.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:54 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
My understanding is that it all depends where you're doing your time

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a book at your local library detailing what to expect (in general). "Behind bars: Surviving Prison" by Jefferey Ian Ross & Stephen C. Richards. It describes what you can expect at the defferent security levels. The hard core brutality happens at maximum security federal prisons. I think the authors say that the lower level security prisons aren't nearly as bad. The book will fill you in on prison etiquette for jail, labor camps, state prison vs. federal prison, etc...

Good luck.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I should clarify that I would never drink anything close to my limit and drive in high speed zones. The only times that I do this are in areas with no higher thana 35 mph limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I commend you for that, its good that you only confine your impaired driving to school and residential zones.

[/ QUOTE ]

good of you to join us late in the thread Kevin

[/ QUOTE ]
You've been tilting me this entire thread. The only reason I can come up with for you posting this drivel is that you disagree with Kevin's slight on the retard who confines his DUI to certain low-mph areas. Confirm/deny?