Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

View Poll Results: What is your ptbb/100?
<3 6 12.77%
3-4 10 21.28%
4-5 7 14.89%
5-6 9 19.15%
7-9 13 27.66%
>10 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: *** Official October Chat Thread: The Purple Goose ***

LOL

Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $501
UTG+1: $562
UTG+2: $446.10
MP1: $232.55
MP2: $400
Hero (CO): $491
BTN: $246.95
SB: $539
BB: $349.75

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $16</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $16, MP2 folds, Hero calls $16, 2 folds, BB calls $12

Flop: ($66) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $44</font>, 2 folds, MP1 calls $44

Turn: ($154) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP1 bets $50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $280</font>, MP1 calls $122.55 and is All-In

River: ($499.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $499.10 Pot ($3 Rake)
MP1 showed T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (high card Ace) and LOST (-$232.55 NET)
Hero showed 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sevens) and WON $496.10 (+$263.55 NET)
Old 10-20-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like you're limping a lot, try isolating limpers more and getting your vpip and pfr closer like 6 max. Im 16/14 fwiw

Also why you decide to switch?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ended up around 14/9. I was limping small PP's in EP and overlimpipng hands like 67s-QJs, 22-99, AXs. Dunno if that is correct or not, but it felt right for FR.

I haven't switched, but I want to be able to mix in FR sessions once in a while. $400nl 6m can be swingy and stressful. If I can 8-12 table 200-400NL FR @ like 1-4ptBB/100 with little stress on the side when I feel like it, it would be great for my confidence and reduce variance among other reasons.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:59 PM

Against a nitty regular. His line on this board against me is a set 99% of the time...

PokerStars Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($118.25)
BB ($73.40)
UTG ($73.15)
UTG+1 ($49.85)
MP1 ($22.15)
MP2 ($25.30)
MP3 ($18.75)
CO ($23.50)
Button ($49.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $2, UTG+1 calls $2.

Flop: ($8) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG calls $7, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: ($22) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, UTG calls $14.

River: ($50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $47.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $49.65</font>, Hero calls $2.05.

Final Pot: $149.30

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah Ac (three of a kind, aces).
UTG has 9s 9c (three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins $149.30. </font>
Old 10-20-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know how to fix a phone that says "insert SIM" when it has already been inserted? I can make or receive any calls and my keypad isn't working, but the phone turns on and off.

[/ QUOTE ]

My phone does this too, I just turn it off, then when I restart it it's fine. I usually use my phone as an alarm so when it goes to Insert SIM the alarm doesn't work. So it basically randomly decides for me which classes I skip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I assumed you had already tried this. If you haven't, thats always the first thing to try on a cellphone if they start acting up.

Probably 25% of the people who come into my stores with a phone problem could of saved theirselves a trip if they tried that first.

[/ QUOTE ]

already tried this. Removed battery and sim card and reinserted them and the same thing happened and now its just dead. Guess I'll have to take it in. Will they give me a new phone for free if I'm still under contract?
Old 10-20-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know how to fix a phone that says "insert SIM" when it has already been inserted? I can make or receive any calls and my keypad isn't working, but the phone turns on and off.

[/ QUOTE ]

My phone does this too, I just turn it off, then when I restart it it's fine. I usually use my phone as an alarm so when it goes to Insert SIM the alarm doesn't work. So it basically randomly decides for me which classes I skip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I assumed you had already tried this. If you haven't, thats always the first thing to try on a cellphone if they start acting up.

Probably 25% of the people who come into my stores with a phone problem could of saved theirselves a trip if they tried that first.

[/ QUOTE ]

already tried this. Removed battery and sim card and reinserted them and the same thing happened and now its just dead. Guess I'll have to take it in. Will they give me a new phone for free if I'm still under contract?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. Depends on how old the phone is. They generally have a 1 year warranty on them, so if its less than 1 year old you should get a replacement.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems like you're limping a lot, try isolating limpers more and getting your vpip and pfr closer like 6 max. Im 16/14 fwiw

Also why you decide to switch?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ended up around 14/9. I was limping small PP's in EP and overlimpipng hands like 67s-QJs, 22-99, AXs. Dunno if that is correct or not, but it felt right for FR.

I haven't switched, but I want to be able to mix in FR sessions once in a while. $400nl 6m can be swingy and stressful. If I can 8-12 table 200-400NL FR @ like 1-4ptBB/100 with little stress on the side when I feel like it, it would be great for my confidence and reduce variance among other reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

how well you play postflop is where your winrate comes from... overlimping or raising with stuff like suited connectors can either be a big spew or marginally +EV depending on how well you play afterwards... making a preflop game plan without any idea of wtf you're trying to accomplish from it is not going to get you anywhere. These guys you are playing against are far from expert players and there are many different ways that you can exploit them.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a way to get FTP tables to pop up when its your turn to act? Im playing Stars and FTP simultaneously and keep getting timed out on FTP cause my tables wont pop up.

[/ QUOTE ]

my problem is that FTP tables pop up when the cards are getting dealt(but not my turn to act), and pop up again when it's my turn to act, pretty annoying
Old 10-20-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how well you play postflop is where your winrate comes from...

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. I know this. However, in order to differentiate yourself and realize your winrate by utilizing your postflop skills, you need to be competant preflop. All I am trying to do right now, while I figure out full ring, is make sure I am not spewing preflop, make sure I have a pretty basic, solid preflop game down.

[ QUOTE ]
overlimping or raising with stuff like suited connectors can either be a big spew or marginally +EV depending on how well you play afterwards...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very confident in playing postflop vs FR players. Therefore my logic for overlimping all these suited connector-type hands was to enable myself to be in spots where I am in position, multiway, with hands that play well postflop/multiway.

[ QUOTE ]
making a preflop game plan without any idea of wtf you're trying to accomplish from it is not going to get you anywhere. These guys you are playing against are far from expert players and there are many different ways that you can exploit them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. I guess what I am trying to accomplish is to see flops with hands that play well postflop in position. Also, make sure I am not spewing preflop and make sure my preflop hand selection is solid enough to allow me to exercise my edge postflop.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:32 PM

im a virginn is offeing 5 bux to every1 that show 72 at his table and win the hand.
( nl 25 )
post it here
Old 10-20-2007, 04:33 PM

~15/10 is good but you could probably earn more playing upwards of 22/18 with your 6max experience (at least at 200nl, 400nl would be harder).

But if you are just looking to earn some ez stress free $ 14/9 is fine.
Closed Thread