Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: A warrant out for my arrest!?!?!

miscommunications happen.

If you get the opportunity to speak then you can explain that not only were you never notified before but you aloso specifically asked at the courthouse and had them look in the computer for your name and they never found anything.

I had a speeding ticket and was supposed to call teh place to get my court-date or whatever.
I called a couple different times and the lady said he hadn't turned it in yet.
After the third time of them trying to find my name they still didn't see it.

A few months later I get notice that I failed to appear in courtt on my specified date.

I go down there and try to speak but she doesn't let me because she just thinks I'm going to say that I didn't see the posted speed-limit or some other excuse.
Then she says, "This is kind of an old ticket" and I cut in and say, "Exactly. I tried calling 3 times to set up the date and they said my name wasn't in there. Next thing I know there's a warrant out for me."

They were cool with it and one aspect of it stilll hadn't been turned in or something so nothing happened.

I'm assuming they will listen to your argument that you had them look up your name on multiple occasions and weren't able to find it.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:04 PM

get a lawyer, but u are prolly headed for the electric chair
Old 03-11-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Belok,

Call the court, yes. But DO NOT go down there in person. Talk to a lawyer, and only go down there if you are advised. In fact, I really think you should speak to an attorney before you call the courthouse. You're going to have to get one anyway, and why not get his advise now, rather than later?

[/ QUOTE ]

DO NOT GO THERE IN PERSON, THEY WILL ARREST YOU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooooooooo wrong. I went down to the court with a warrant out for my arrest and talked to a clerk. Guess what? I walked out after I was done setting up a court date, without cuffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess things are done differently in different places. I went down to talk to the clerk about my warrant and also walked out without cuffs.....4 hours after they arrested me and I had to get bailed out.

When it comes to jail, I choose to err on the side of not getting locked up.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you say to the clerk? Their response?

I basically told them my situation and she said she would set up a court date and that was the end of our conversation. I was able to select a time and date.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went into the office to talk to the clerk and was told "sorry but since there is a warrant we have to arrest you. You will be able to bail out and get it all taken care of"

The clerk told me later if I had called and gotten the specifics I could have mailed in a payment and never been arrested.

I stand by my advice to call and talk to them rather than go in person.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:53 PM

I have a similar experience minus the warrant. I was on my way home one night and wanted a bite to eat. I pulled down a side street because it was the quickest path to the golden arches. I see blue lights in front of me, but figure it's a standard dui checkpoint. I was dead sober, so I continued ahead.

I get to the checkpoint and they ask for my license. I hand it to them... 5 minutes later I have a ticket..wtf! Evidently this street is a one way street as of that day after 9:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. So bascially I got a ticket for going the wrong way down a 2 way street.

I catch up with the cop a few days later and plea my case. He takes the ticket and says he will take care of it.

Several months later I get a letter in the mail. My drivers license has been revoked for not paying that ticket. Me and that cop had it out in the middle of the police station the next day. Long story short, we argued A LOT, I finally made him realize he [censored] up and he wrote a letter to the DMV for me. I still had to pay $10 or whatever it was for a new license.