Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 07:06 PM

Default 50NL - 3bet pot, I make TP+FD on turn.

CO is a weak regular, I have him as a losing player, with 40% W$SD. He runs 19/11.5/1.38 over 2K hands. Other guy unknown.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $21.00
Hero (BB): $49.45
UTG: $27.45
MP: $71.45
CO: $57.95
BTN: $25.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.00</font>, BTN calls $2.00, SB calls $1.75, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>, CO calls $7.00, BTN calls $7.00, SB folds

Flop: ($29) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($29) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ?</font>

The pot is huge on flop, and if I make a CBet I'm basically committing myself. So I checked out of position, planning on folding to any sizable bet. Weak/tight?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: 50NL - 3bet pot, I make TP+FD on turn.

I would probably check the turn with the intention of calling. Hopefully BU will shove as a bluff. You are either WA or WB and a diamond doesn't hurt you, so I like checking for deception.

Obviously betting is perfectly fine too.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:00 PM

gotta bet
Old 08-21-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gotta bet

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The pot is huge on flop, and if I make a CBet I'm basically committing myself. So I checked out of position, planning on folding to any sizable bet. Weak/tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

So why did you re-raise preflop? (Honest question: I'm trying to transition from limit to NL).

CO might have been on a steal, but a 20/11 is probably not raising light enough to fold to your re-raise, and then the button / SB would be getting better than 3.5:1 to call with relative position... so what was your plan for seeing a 3 or 4 way flop for $9 in early position?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:50 PM

I raised PF because
a) I'm out of position. I don't like to play pots post flop out of position. RR here takes it down often enough.
b) The times it doesn't take it down, it at least defines his hand. He minraised to 2, which is awful. But he could be doing this with Ax, SCs, any pocket pair, suited broadway, you name it. If I call here, I have no idea where he stands postflop, and I'm letting him play the pot in position vs me. AQ is a hand that you are hoping to make top pair with. By raising to 9, considering stacks, we are playing for top pair. It'll be a big mistake for him to call here with pocket pair (5/10 rule), or SC. I am ahead/dominate most other broadways. Big pocket is pretty much what I'm afraid of, which is why I don't know if I should bet turn. He's not an idiot so I'm putting his range at like AJ+, TT+, KQs maybe. I'm behind AJ &amp; AK, splitting with AQ. Behind JJ and AA. So if I bet here, I'm beating KK, QQ, TT, KQs, none of which he's calling with. The problem I had betting here is that he's not calling with any hands that beat me. + unknown is in there with [censored]-knows what. That was my thinking.

Anyway, I bet 20, he shoved for like 28 more, I called, he flipped over AJ. Diamond on river, and I flush. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 08:54 PM

Just bet 22