Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

Cardplayer.com has something on the front page now. neato
Old 10-19-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone tell Ikestoys its safe to go back in the pool?

[/ QUOTE ]

He hasn't been on here in a while. He's probably too busy making $50k/day on Abs.

[/ QUOTE ]

stopped posting b/c i'm tired of dealing with the internet mob that is waay to much of this thread

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps the scariest part -- the suspected bots have aburptly vanished when this AP scandal hit its peak, around the time when AP said a third party auditor would be looking at their system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow at this statement.

[ QUOTE ]
While I'm not a 2p2-related person or even a mod (please to be a mod? ... I mainly just want to be able to read the mod forum), I would be happy to get involved and report my findings and feelings back to the 2p2 community

[/ QUOTE ]

N82 for mod of new 2+2 Investigations forum.

Since this is BBV it's always 50/50.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As much as I'm not a fan of Seif's, he might need permission from him. A lot of poker sites have rules stating that you aren't allowed to release hand histories and they are only for your own personal use. If only 2 players were involved, it's concievable that Seif wouldn't be breaking AP rules by releasing the HH of their HU match if his opponent openly agreed to allow it to be released.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
very much looking forward to seeing the hh from seif-stuckin now that seif is offering to obtain and post it. can't imagine stuckin would refuse it's release.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would Seif need stuckingph's permission? The dude called him out on an internet message board that thousands of people have read over the last year. I think you have a right to post an exculpatory HH anytime you want under those circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I got Mike's permission to at least request the files. Mike wants to review them first and make sure that it's the full session before public release.

Mark is going to request them now.

Unfortunately, Mike does not have copies of the HH on his computer, so the ones from AP will have to suffice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me the chain of custody isn't: Seif requests HHs (maybe) -> Absolute provides (if they feel like it) -> Seif disseminates to 2+2 (after looking them over). Please tell me this isn't what's going to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mark is going to request them. He will email them to Mike (and maybe myself, I'm not sure). Mike will look over them to make sure it's the full session and the correct session. If Mike agrees that it's the full session and not modified, it will be publicly released.

Sorry, but when Mike doesn't have the hand histories it's the best we can do.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:12 PM

Also, I am pretty sure these "straight-to-the-media" anonymous statements from AP are a trial balloon, and they're trying to gage the responses on the forums in order to craft an official lie.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that 30 users from Costa Rica made 673 hits to 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh no

translation: Costa Rica is #30 on my blog site's country list with 673 hits

[/ QUOTE ]
I.e. People in Costa Rica are very interested in what adanthar has to say.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was contacted by someone today who told me AP was looking for a 2p2 rep to be involved in the audit and that I should get in contact with a certain person. While I'm not a 2p2-related person or even a mod (please to be a mod? ... I mainly just want to be able to read the mod forum), I would be happy to get involved and report my findings and feelings back to the 2p2 community.

[/ QUOTE ]

DO IT!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ok, so AP releases bits a pieces of information to the public through ABC, MSNBC, Gambling911.com that was not first told to pocketfives and 2p2. They gather everyones responses/reactions (from the board here) to these new bits to figure out exactly which angle the community will accept, they edit their upcomming statement which is now tailored to everyones expectations.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. Let them make a final, official statement in the mainstream media, and let's see how it holds up. They've already covered their asses by releasing this statement on a friday afternoon, with the disclaimer that it's not offical yet. Let's not be too trigger happy here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the source wanted to stay unknown. There's no way they are gonna release this crap in their official statement.

(btw, Is tracing back Scott Tom's IP to his homeadress not enough to disclaim the 'geek' theory. and there's always the chipdumping if it isn't)

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose the geek broke into Scott Tom's house or sat outside and tapped into his wireless network while parked outside his house. The geek certainly went through an elaborate and lengthy process in order to prove a vulnerability that otherwise could of have been proven in a few minutes. A geek risking his current job, any future employment, his freedom, and maybe his personnel well being in order to prove a security breech is absurd.
Closed Thread