Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Live 1/2 FW AA vs a maniac

This hand was from a few months ago at Foxwoods. I misplayed this hand horribly, and just want to know what the best line is.

Villain in hand has been playing a lot of hands, basically luckboxing his stack up to <font color="green">$1400</font> and getting hit in the face with the deck.

I have <font color="green">$400</font> in front of me.

<font color="blue"> PF:</font> Its a 6 way straddled pot. I am in SB w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I raise to $35. Probably should have made it $40-45... anyways maniac calls, everyone else folds.

<font color="red">Pot:$86 </font>
<font color="blue"> Flop </font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I lead out for $50. He flat calls.

<font color="red">Pot:$186 </font>
<font color="blue">Turn</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I lead for 100. I know, my bet sizing sucks. Is it better to check or bet this turn? Villain calls obviously.

<font color="red">Pot:$386</font>
<font color="blue">River</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I pretty much only beat a bluff it feels like. I have $215 left here. I check the river, and he bets out $150 very quick. Better to check/evaluate based on his river bet, or to just shove here?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Live 1/2 FW AA vs a maniac

I pot that flop. Bigger on turn and river doesn't matter. As played, c/f the river is fine. He'll have a jack or two pair a ton.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:48 PM

Seems like that is pretty good to me, thanks

Anyone not bet the turn?
Old 11-07-2007, 04:36 PM

Turn bet looks like suicide to me.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn bet looks like suicide to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I dont think tht will accomplish anything.
I just give up their.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:21 PM

LOL. really give up on a 2 flush board with straight draws, where maniac villain flat calls on 2 streets?

IMO I see him as drawing here, and if you seriously consider giving up on the turn without a good reason for this justification its -EV in the long run I think

NOT saying that betting the turn is better than checking, but I dont think we just check fold the turn here... doesnt seem right

Anyways, I was wondering if more people think its better to check the turn or bet. It feels like checking the turn, but do I want to let him hit free draws on the river?