Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 12:20 AM

Default turn continuation bet

villain is taggish, so far he seems pretty standard and honest and not too showdown bound, but i haven't played that much with him (60 hands or so).

he opens in co and you 3-bet from sb with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. the flop is

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.5 sb in the pot)

he calls your continuation bet and the turn is

3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4.75 bb in the pot)

you...
Old 11-16-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: turn continuation bet

nothing wrong with betting here. he won't be c/ring very often and there are plenty of 6-7 out hands that will fold.

Plus it serves as a bluff blocker cuz i'm not so sure you have a profitable call on the river if you check behind.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:19 AM

i think you misread the action, i'm oop in this hand. i take it your advice applies if i had 3bet otb, right?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you misread the action, i'm oop in this hand. i take it your advice applies if i had 3bet otb, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops, yeah, you're right. This actually becomes a fair bit nastier when you're oop. cuz he raises flush draws, good str8 draws, and bottom pairs on the flop a fair amount and he flat calls with top pair probably too much. so now you're kinda stuck with bad equity. I dunno. Maybe c/c, c/f. Against a lag like me it's closer to b/f cuz I woulda fastplayed most of my good stuff already. but your average tag doesn't know any better.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:12 AM

15 BB bet is in order. He most likely is putting you on an ace.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:39 AM

I give up actually. I realize the there are a lot of draws to charge but the flop hit a lot of his range and we have a worse hand a lot of the time.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:57 AM

Like people are saying, I assume you woluld've heard from draws as from an ace. My guess is that he has a J, but it's really hard without reads about he plays draws/weak made hands. In the heat of action I would b/f, c/f though. I'd like to see river since we could have up to 10 outs, but more like 6-ish. Against a turn-raise I guess it's 4 and we don't odds to draw.