Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 11:02 AM

Default TT, 2.5bbs left, Sattelite BUBBLE

An interesting hand, which seriously had me on the edge of my seat.

Sattelite bubble scenario, 7 left, six get a $215 seat, seventh gets nothing.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t2000/t4000
(Ante: t200)
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t9750
doctorpaul1: t10840
MP1: t19320
CO: t8165
Button: t18360
SB: t37435
BB: t16335

Pre-flop: (7 players) doctorpaul1 is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">doctorpaul1 raises all-in t10640</font>,

Results:
Final pot: t26680

I had done very well up until a two orbits ago. I got shoved into, had nothing to call with, and are now nursing a small, but kinda respectable, third smallest stack. But, the blinds are about to hit me, and I really hate being in a sattelite bubble scenario where the blinds double, and i have 1 or 2 bbs left.

I assume my shove with TT was good.

Two questions, in this bubble scenario, what should my shoving range be? If i win a hand, I will win a seat, lose and i get nothing. SO, really, if i shove, the players who really gain the most are the two small stacks who are not in the hand!

How does this sound for a shoving range- 77+, A6s, A9off, j10s+?

Assume all fold to the sb, what would you need to call? He can call and lose, and still fold into the money?

Sb is getting very good odds, and bb really cant raise after, as his stack is only a bit bigger than mine.

Would i be right in assuming that sb can call with a much wider range of hands than what i would be shoving with? say 44+, ax+, k8+?
Old 01-22-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: TT, 2.5bbs left, Sattelite BUBBLE

I am pretty sure that this is completely standard but I am working on my satellite end game and I am interested in the responses of others.

SB should be folding AA in this spot. However, I do not know if he is good enough to do so.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB should be folding AA in this spot. However, I do not know if he is good enough to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the SB has over 37,000 in chips and, with AA, is a favorite over any hand. But then again if he folds, eventually one of the small stacks with blind out.

Yeah, I suppose with that big stack you just fold to the seat, because you don't gain anything by being first.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:35 PM

With your stack size and the blinds at t4k, I'd say it's and autopush. You most likely have the best hand out of 7 player.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:43 PM

I agree, it's an autopush. You need chips in case this satellite goes another orbit or two. You have an M of 1.5 or so. At worst, you will a coin flip against all hands except for JJ - AA. If you get called. No matter what the result was, it was a good play.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:15 AM

I think this was a good shove. However, keep in mind the blinds doubling shortly could be good for you, if you ended up in a spot where you had a slightly weaker hand or slightly more chips. If the blind doubles after you and before CO, CO and UTG would both get forced all in before you had to post, even though you'd have a very tiny stack by then. This can happen a lot in turbos of course.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:13 AM

This kinda spot petrifies me.

I am third last, and dont really want to play anything here.

I shove, and the big stack tanks. He calls with ak, and five cards later, I am a very happy boy!

Still not sure what to do. If there was a cripple, I would wait out, but, effectively I am one of three cripples.

If I try to wait out, they can either double or bust, and I cant imagine waiting for JJ+!