Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2006, 11:52 AM

Default Re: What would you do?

I am sure I read or heard somewhere that if a pitbull has bit someone and locked on that you should lift up the dog rather than the person being bitten.

Obviously try that one at your own risk though.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:56 AM

I challenge the dog to a Walk-off.

Then I drop the crop duster on him.

Sadly, this move probably kills the child too. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2006, 11:59 AM

depends on how nice the kid is
Old 02-06-2006, 03:07 PM

I heard once that the best way to seperate two dogs fighting is to grap them by their back legs. Of course, I really don't know how this is possible or if even stands a chance of working in this situation.

On a lighter side, I wonder how many of the people in this thread who think they could take on a pitbull barehanded would run away screaming like a little girl if a squirrel attacked them.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've play-fought with these kinds of dogs before and they are STRONG. I doubt most adult males would be able to subdue it without significant risk of injury.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had to manhandle dogs before too, and they can really twist their heads around to bite ya good. I don't think people are giving enough credit to the flexibility of a dog's neck and how long his snout is. He doesn't have to be facing you directly to get a great chomp in. They can get a surprising amount of spring out of those skinny legs, and twist their bodies really strongly too. A dog that really wants to fight you can be very mobile, quick, and strong, and it can be real hard to stay away from his teeth.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't believe me, find a judo/jiu jitsu school and tell them you think the rear naked choke doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I know what a rear naked choke is. Good luck trying to get one on a pitbull. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that almost no one at any of these dojo has ever tried.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bringing your face and neck close enough to a strong angry dog to do that is pretty much suicide. A dog can spin his head and body around REAL fast. You seriously risk losing your face, as a best option, if you're going to plant your head and neck on a dog's head and neck. Dogs may be dumb, but they're not slow or weak, and tearing your throat out is a joke to jaws like that.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:17 PM

Feeling pain is very different from reacting to it.

It's not uncommon for humans to be stabbed and not even realize it until after a fight is over. And we're sure as heck no pit bulls.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:20 PM

LOL.

Seriously, that old chestnut about squirting them with the hose to make them stop fighting works surprisingly well. I don't think fighting with them breaks their concentration, but get cold water in their face seems to take them out of the moment.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL.

Seriously, that old chestnut about squirting them with the hose to make them stop fighting works surprisingly well. I don't think fighting with them breaks their concentration, but get cold water in their face seems to take them out of the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this gave me an idea. I bet a fire extinguisher would do wonders.

EDIT: And if nothing else, it would make a decent weapon to swing around (provided the hose didn't break or come off).
Old 02-06-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't Doberman Pinschers even more fearsome then pitbulls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pit Bulls are more often dog-aggressive (originally bred for boar hunting I believe), which Dobermans are more often people-aggressive (originally bred for protection). But, it is like anything else, alot has to do with the dog's upbringing, individual genetics and experience.

Whoever would try to stop an angry dog without a weapon is a fool. Dogs do not feel much pain in a fight.

I had a 70 pound Doberman, who I think if we got into a fight I would lose.