Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 01:18 PM

Default small/micro limit coaching

is coaching a good idea at micro limits? i've played at NL 25 for some time 10,000 hands. i have swings that prevent me from advancing. my play is consistently TAG, but in pokerEV i can see i'm running bad. i dont know other poker players, so i never get the chance to have my play reviewed, aside from the occasional hand I post here.

do good coaches for micro limits even exist?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: small/micro limit coaching

I think the important thing is stack sizes. There are good and bad players at all limits of poker.

One of the first things you have to do is learn how to select the best games.

Then you have to kind of figure out who the bad player are. You can watch low limit $3-$6 games and learn the fundamentals there. They are essentially the same at the micro limits. Sometimes you'll see $50 games where players see the flop 100% of the time at NLHE on P-Stars. Other Times you'll find some $10 games are the most aggressive, toughest games around.

Maybe you should learn something other than TAG. Sometimes you want to VPIP more than 22-24% when you will make better decicions later on in the hand against players who play too loosely.

A lot of the coaching videos explain how to adjust to stacks. They talk about being deep vs being short. These are considerations even at the smallest stakes. It's definitely worth checking out for the price of a couple cups of coffee per month.