Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Time to complain

[ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I doubt anyone in ssnl expects durrr or aba to respond to their threads and don't get upset when they don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

skier summed it up perfectly. please reread his comment quoted above.

/dave's rant
Old 08-02-2007, 09:12 PM

Yeah, I almost think having seperate forums is a bigger incentive to improve. Which MC/SS/MS poster doesn't want to move up so they can post hands in the next forum? How much more prepared are these players when they move up cuz they can read higher level hands whenever they want?
Old 08-02-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I doubt anyone in ssnl expects durrr or aba to respond to their threads and don't get upset when they don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

skier summed it up perfectly. please reread his comment quoted above.

/dave's rant

[/ QUOTE ]

To be entirely truthful, when I first started playing ring games, Aba posted frequently in micro/ssnl forums. I was at work all day so I studied forum posts and he posted pretty frequently at the time. Helped my game a helluva lot too.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:25 PM

key word is expects.

aba can post wherever he wants, but it would be inappropriate for ssnl players to complain if he didn't show up in their thread.

is that so hard to understand?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:31 PM

I thought Gobbo's comment was encouraging and accurate. I'm not sure how you can see it is arrogant.

HSMTT seems to get very few new topics a day. Few enough that I'm sure many of the regulars read LSMTT eventually. All posts get quite a few replies though, which is great. Good threads that would otherwise get buried after a few days hang around a lot longer.

I paged through the last 300 topics in LSMTT, and only two threads had more than half the 40+ replies you had before this thread.

I had two threads that got 1 reply each. ( Attention Whore.)
Old 08-02-2007, 10:34 PM

You've missed the good part of the split.

A whole slough of really freaking good players are posting again and responding again, and there are some very good players who are new posting and responding.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
key word is expects.

aba can post wherever he wants, but it would be inappropriate for ssnl players to complain if he didn't show up in their thread.

is that so hard to understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Post seemed to express a sense that it would never happen :P.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:20 PM

lol, dave seriously sucks at posting. its funny he thinks he deserves to have good posters respond to his groundbreaking ak threads. he is would be lucky to have sherman print out his thread and wipe his ass with it. the fact that sherman actually responded and that dave effectively said that he deserves more than expert analysis that he provided -

dave, you are a conceited piece of [censored] who posts terrible threads and makes asinine responses to threads that are over your head please go away to another forum because you are undeserving of the great posters here.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:14 PM

discussion forums are about sharing and learning, not about leeching. if you want to learn about how to think like an MTTer, lurk the HSMTT threads and read through them. they are a goldmine of information.

to be asking HSMTT players to stop by in the MTT forums isnt realistic. this takes years to learn, but poker is something where experience is the biggest benefactor, and experienced is gained via playing, discussion, and listening to the thought processes of players you feel are better than you (PM's, AIM, CardRunners, PXFactor, blogs, etc).

To get to a certain point in poker, you not only have to know the PLAN, but you have to know the WHY behind the PLAN. what guys like Dave want are the plan, when in reality they still won't understand the WHY behind it and will be completely behind in a lot of standardish situations.

only when you seek to understand WHY this is a good play, or WHY someone did that, will your experience guide you towards making the best decisions more often.

a good analogy imo is taking the SATs. looking at practice questions then looking at the answer sheet is a far inferior method to something like taking multiple practice timed tests, going to KAPLAN centers to study test-taking approaches, buyinig test-taking books, etc.

poker is something you have to learn, but learn on your own time. it all boils down to the first response from gobbo, simply that improvement comes through application and practice. otherwise you'll be an inferior player imo.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:17 PM

seems like instead of bolding and italicizing every 'd' in your posts, the time might better have been spent reading the replies in the thread