Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 12:47 PM

Default QTs Live

8/16 live. Good game. One nice but maniacal guy is raising and 3 betting blind PF.

8 handed:
UTG(bought in short and is bad)limps, MP(plays too many hands) limps, HJ limps, Hero is BTN with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and raises, SB(loose PF and shows down marg stuff)calls, BB(Maniac guy refererd to in top of post) calls, rest all call. 6 to the flop.

(11.5 SBs) Flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] SB bets, BB folds, MP calls, HJ calls, Hero raises, all call. 4 to the turn.

(10 BBs) Turn comes the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Checked to hero who bets, SB calls, rest fold. HU to the ribba

(12 BBs) River comes the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB Grabs 8 chips & is just about to bet but she looks at me & checks. Hero ?
Old 09-02-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: QTs Live

BTW, my image is solid, having shown down 2-3 big hands in the past 30 minutes or so, getting some respettttt!
Old 09-02-2007, 01:36 PM

Checks. Sb either had a jack or a straight draw. She looks like she wants to call. If she had the straight draw it wouldnt matter because shes not calling your bet anyway. Not sure I like the turn bet after you got three callers on the flop. I dont think you're ahead often enough and you have no redraw. You probably should have checked behind and hoped to spike something on the river.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:38 PM

virtually every street is dicked way up in there, imo...
Old 09-02-2007, 01:41 PM

PF good. flop good. turn bet prob ok considering pot size. check the river.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:25 PM

I would check the river. This would be ultra thin. This is definitely also an 'it depends' type situation though. You just gotta feel it out every time is all I can say.

Other than that though I like PF, flop and turn.

Yeah probably check the river more often that not though.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:21 PM

I'm only raising the flop if my intention is to take a free card. You are beat here a ton.

I'm leaning towards a river check but it's close.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:40 PM

I don't know, I guess in this spot I'd just check, but playing in the game I'd know right away if I could bet and get called by 88 or if I was gonna bet and get instacalled by AA and hear her exclaim I THOUGHT YOU HAD JT!!!1

Eh, wait, she bet in to the raiser PF. Just check dude, and check the turn. Yeah betting this turn is bad and you set yourself up for CRs doing this in the future.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:41 PM

Usually when they grab chips prematurely, it means that they really want a free showdown. I might be behind, but I think it is best to valuebet/bluff here.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Usually when they grab chips prematurely, it means that they really want a free showdown. I might be behind, but I think it is best to valuebet/bluff here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It means they want a free show down, but it does mean they're planning on showing down. She's not folding any hand we beat here. If you're betting this river it is not done as a bluff, either value bet it, or check.

And since she led the flop into PF raiser. She has a T, J, pr straight draw.

Straight draw isnt calling , J isnt folding, so we need to decide if we beat enough tens to justify a bet/. I dont think we do