Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: An offer of coaching/mentoring

[ QUOTE ]
Pokerdemic,

While OP says this is just being nice, I dont truly buy it. PR is great advertising. With the rates coaches charge taking out an ad in the classifieds isnt too outragious. On top of that Id guess 10% of these actually pan out like te OP says.

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand your concerns and apologise for making a thread you feel is inappropriate. But i also think that someone will miss out if I wasn't able to make a thread like this, I can assure you my intentions are pure. If you see me offer coaching for $$ ever, ban me on sight.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:31 PM

Here's why you should choose me as your student.

I'm 27 and have been playing poker about 2yrs now. I won a 3+R and used that as my bankroll when I switched over to NL holdem. I have been playing NL50 and NL100 since. Going up and down up and down. I have taken shots at NL200, but I hasn't worked out for me. I hired a coach earlier this year and It improved my game, but I could not afford the prices with my small monthly gains (2-4PTBB/100).

I dedicate about 4hrs a day 5-6 days a week to play and study poker. My goals are to find my leaks, plug them, and continue to grow as a player.

If you want someone that is hard working, dedicated, and motivated to succeed I am your guy. Help me take my game to the next level! You will not be disappointed.

Thanks,

Val
Old 11-16-2007, 06:38 PM

What the hell, I'll give this a shot.

I'm 27 years old and have a career, so poker is something I play in my spare time, however I'm dedicated to the game and am constantly trying to improve and advance, and I want to eventually be able to beat the MSNL/HSNL games. I usually play after work for about 2-4 hours daily.

I've been playing online poker off and on for about 3 years now. Started playing back in 04, mainly limit. Got up to 2/4 and then cashed out once the legislation hit. Started playing again on Stars a few months ago after getting a $36 transfer from someone. So far I've run that up to around $1k and I'm currently playing 50NL, but I feel like I've hit a roadblock. My BR isn't growing very much as I've hit a bad patch for the last 10k hands or so (running/playing bad). Also, I think I'm a bit of a spewtard.

I would love to get a bit of free coaching as I've been thinking about paying for some but would really like to see what it's like first. I think that I would make a great student as I'm dedicated to improving all aspects of my game and would love to have someone dig into my game looking for leaks. Also, I think it would be great to discuss poker with someone like you, hopefully getting some insight into your thought process. Also, if I was chosen I wouldn't just sit back and listen, I would actively be trying to squeeze as much info out of you as I could and really working on improving the way I think and play. I'm driven to succeed in poker and a little help from someone like you will go a long way.

Also, I think this is a great idea. Thank you for this (even if I don't get picked). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 07:13 PM

22 years old. Graduated college last May. Law School August 08 and playing poker for a living in between.

Over a 5PTBB/100 hand winrate at 50NL over 135,000 hands

Over 4PTBB/100 hands winrate at 100NL over 35,000 hands

My goal is to get to and be beating 400NL by August 08.....then continue playing and hopefully moving up while I'm in law school.

I'll give more info if you want it. I don't know what you want to know.
Closed Thread