Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Overpair gets C/mRed on flop by apparent TP

Villain seems passive post flop. 23/15/<1 over only like 50 hands. Saw him complete KT and check down flop/turn on a 3-way AKx board and minbet the river. Also saw him open K9o OTB, and then check down a v. dry board HU. This is the first time he's c/red.

I have alot of problems with these sorts of hands. There's a ton of OESDs and FDs a more aggressive player could be betting on the flop, against whom I'll often RR.

But I don't think a passive player is doing this often enough to justify pushing harder to force him to draw. So I find myself usually calling the small flop raise and hoping he'll c/c the turn with a draw or I'll fold if he leads strong again. Is this the right way to handle hands like this?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($75.28)
Hero ($50.47)
SB ($55.01)
BB ($32.92)
UTG ($50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $10</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($26) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $15</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $26
Old 08-26-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Overpair gets C/mRed on flop by apparent TP

50 hands is nothing to gauage some1's AF..i rly dont think he has a set here , maybe AT or w/e maybe a combo draw ,id probably RR flop
Old 08-26-2007, 06:49 PM

I fold on the turn. A RR on the flop commits you, and I actually like that call, if he still likes his hand on turn I think you can let go of JJ safely. The problem is, that he will rarely have TP AND bet it this hard, he can easily have 2p or a set.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:53 PM

Most of the time, you're up against a set here. Most of the time at these stakes, I find that min-raise = big hand (because they want you to call and put more money in), but I do like your call with the intention of reevaluating on the turn. With him continuing to bet out strongly, good fold.