Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-21-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Ride With The Taser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMaMYL_shxc - The real action happens around the 2 min mark of the video but you might want to watch it all to get a feel.

Clip is of a Utah State Trooper tasering a guy after giving him a speeding ticket. When later describing the incidents to another cop that arrives, he says "He Took a Ride With the Taser". Pretty funny way of putting it imo.

So this is getting a lot of press on Fox News and CNN right now. Apparently, the guy that got tasered is the one that posted the video on YouTube.

Was the cop really in the wrong on this video? I can understand being simpathetic to the guy that got tasered, but in reality, the guy wasn't doing what he was supposed to do. I think the cop did jump the gun on pulling out the taser, but he only shot him after the guy turned his back and was walking back to his car.

What the hell is up with all these taser related incidents lately?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Ride With The Taser

I usually side with the cops, but this guy was a little high strung. The driver was a bit of a douche, but the taser was a little much.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:00 AM

This made me sick. If you don't follow a cops exact instructions you can get tasered? The guy was obviously nervous because he had a taser pointed at him, and stepped a couple feet back. I thought tasers were a second-to-last resort weapon?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This made me sick. If you don't follow a cops exact instructions you can get tasered? The guy was obviously nervous because he had a taser pointed at him, and stepped a couple feet back. I thought tasers were a second-to-last resort weapon?

[/ QUOTE ]

They were supposed to be. Unfortunately, they seem to be much more prevalent now. Even in cases which do not warrant use of one. Just type in "Cop tasers" under Google News.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:14 AM

He told him to turn around and when he turned around the cop told him to turn around, then he tazed him.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:15 AM

he wasnt so much stepping back as he was walking back towards his car. he seemed to step out aggressively, and then didn't freeze.

if the guy was being overly agitated and not complying with the officers request, which it seems he was, then the cop was 100% in the right to taze the punk. he could have been going to the car for a weapon as far as the officer is concerned.

dont be an idiot and dont get tazed

*edit* also, i was REALLLLLY hoping he would taze the dumb woman as well
Old 11-22-2007, 12:23 AM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

cops suck
Old 11-22-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he wasnt so much stepping back as he was walking back towards his car. he seemed to step out aggressively, and then didn't freeze.

if the guy was being high strung and not complying with the officers request, which it seems he was, then the cop was 100% in the right to taze the punk. he could have been going to the car for a weapon as far as the officer is concerned.

dont be an idiot and dont get tazed

*edit* also, i was REALLLLLY hoping he would taze the dumb woman as well

[/ QUOTE ]

So a cop is 100% allowed to tase you if you don't comply with his every demand? You do know that tasers occasionally kill people right? The cop here was obviously in no danger; and the driver was not running away or getting a weapon. Even pulling out the taser was out of line.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:29 AM

This is a case where the taser is used as a poor safety net by the cop. He handled the situation really poorly and could have easily avoided putting himself in a situation where he felt threatened.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:29 AM

i dunno, i mean i dont care for cops much at all and in my life have had encounters with enormous douchebag cops.

that said i am still going to comply with them, and if i ever act out in a manner that causes one to draw any sort of weapon on me im pretty much going to freeze and say "im no threat and will comply with you" to ensure i don't get owned. i mean, there is nothing else you can do and to do anything else is stupid.