Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Q8s in SB.

Man Our Units-
This post is going to jump all over the place because that's how I feel you played the hand. So just bear with me.

The prevailing sentiment seems to be that Q8c is not going to be profitable from the SB unless you are an exceptional post-flop player. You said something to the effect that,

"There is absolutely positively no reason to fold this unless we are aiming to play a 10/8 game."

If you truly feel this way, you are bleeding money from the worst position at the table. You are not categorically a nit just because you fold Q8c to a raise from the SB. If you want to improve your winrate, get used to folding KTs A9s Q9s, even things like AJo and KQo when you are in the SB facing a raise. You are not good enough to play these trap hands proftitably from OOP. Not too many of us are.

Regarding the river call, it just baffles me that you will so staunchly defend your pf call and yet be so pessimistic about your winning chances on the river. 22, 77 and AJ do not make up 85% of his river min-raise range. Folding for another $10 when the pot is $55 is a substantial mistake.

In one post you say that someone's advice is bad in your opinion, that "c/c this river is okay but betting out here is a better play IMO." HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? The board pairs, so you have to be worried that he filled up, and obviously you are. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU BET OUT? You have a ton of showdown value, but his calling range here is slim. Betting here folds out worse hands and encourages better hands to do the correct thing and raise. Meanwhile, checking may get him to bet small with the best hand or mistakenly value bet with a worse hand. YOU CAN'T ARGUE FOR BETTING OUT AND THEN FOLDING TO A MIN RAISE. IT'S TOTALLY IRRATIONAL.

We've all pegged BTN as a donk based on the wild line he took in this hand. Donks overplay QJ, KJ and baby flushes in this spot more than 15% of the time. You were putting money in this pot at all the wrong times and in all the wrong amounts, and then when it finally came time to do so correctly, you bailed out. Not good.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:52 PM

River is a mandatory bet unless we have a read that he is a habitual bluffer. Plenty of worse hands will call including Jx Ax and lower flushes.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:11 PM

and this is micro. you guys talk like each player at these limits has a brief clue whats going on.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:13 PM

By folding this river we're saying that a sole jack NEVER raises here basically. We have to call. This thread is absurd.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:32 PM

YOU GUYS ARE [censored] IDIOTS
Old 08-01-2007, 10:33 PM

JK I <3 all of u. Even though we disagree.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
calling getting 5:1 when he could easily have something like 56c, maybe he has a J, and thinks he's ahead of your A now. If he shoves I think you might make a case for a fold.. but folding for $10 more is very bad

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess we have different opinions of what is bad and what is good then. I would have to be right ~15% of the time which I dont think I would be. So I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think u have the best hand 15% of the time? LOL the guy is an obvious donk from his min bet on the turn.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:26 PM

fold pf
Old 08-01-2007, 11:30 PM

I don't see how you can fold on the river.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:53 PM

fold pf, fold flop, call river