Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 04:18 PM

Default QcQx on ccc Board

Full Tilt 180-player SnG ($2.25). Blinds t30/60. No read on SB or Big Stack. Hero playing orthodox TAG.

Hero in CO with t1,600.
SB has t2,500.
Big Stack in BB with t9,000.

Hero dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Folds to Hero, who raises to t180.
BTN folds.
SB calls.
Big Stack calls.

FLOP (t540): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks. BB checks. Hero??
Old 11-23-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: QcQx on ccc Board

I would pot and call a shove. I don't know if it is correct since i am a micro donk myself, but i cant see myself laying down an overpair + flushdraw here.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:54 PM

My thinking exactly. I can't check behind and let A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] get there. So I bet t400, expecting to take it down right there or to be put all-in (in retrospect, a PSB might have been better, but I try to leave 10Ms or more behind if I can).

I'm fine with either opponent shoving because I'm ahead of a lot of hands and I have 9 outs twice against most of the others.

Then this happened:

SB folds.
BB min-raises to t800.

Is there any argument for laying this down and playing on with an M of 10? BB has announced that I'm behind. His range is looking like it has a lot of made flushes, sets and the nut flush draw. Are we still paying him off for those hands now that he's basically told us he has them?
Old 11-23-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking exactly. I can't check behind and let A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] get there. So I bet t400, expecting to take it down right there or to be put all-in (in retrospect, a PSB might have been better, but I try to leave 10Ms or more behind if I can).

I'm fine with either opponent shoving because I'm ahead of a lot of hands and I have 9 outs twice against most of the others.

Then this happened:

SB folds.
BB min-raises to t800.

Is there any argument for laying this down and playing on with an M of 10? BB has announced that I'm behind. His range is looking like it has a lot of made flushes, sets and the nut flush draw. Are we still paying him off for those hands now that he's basically told us he has them?

[/ QUOTE ]

way to wide a range to give him...as far as he has seen you raised pre and made a concerned c bet...his minraise could mean a lot of things other than hands that beat you...stik it in
Old 11-23-2007, 05:31 PM

Call and beat donks jack pair.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:42 PM

I shove, knowing I'm way behind not very often here.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:21 PM

Thanks for your replies. I did shove, and BB called with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I wouldn't have thought anything about the hand if BB had put me all in, but the min-raise just looks a whole lot like he's got me crushed. I mean, for what hands is a min-raise there +EV? Seems like only huge (made) hands, which left me wondering whether my shove was moronic.

In general, I'm seeing a lot of min-raises lately that I don't know how to interpret (not to mention what seems to be an epidemic of people opening 2x, which I also don't know how to read).
Old 11-23-2007, 11:36 PM

bet 300 and id shove turn if called.300 seems small but im looking to have bigger turn bet ai to fold a bigger draw. im getting it in here no matter
Old 11-23-2007, 11:37 PM

just read result not much you can do