Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 03-24-2006, 07:16 PM

Default Re: I have papers to write but who cares...ask me questions about LOST

[ QUOTE ]
I love the show as well and I'll ask several questions if you don't mind.

They're all dead right? I think they sealed the deal with that by having Lock walk after been paralized and the man Jack was jogging with inside the stadium saying, "See you in the next life." during a flashback scene. Or perhaps are the writers now changing the stroy around to suit another ending because they did not believe the public would catch on so quickly?

Although the show is still interesting it has reached a certain point in terms of momentum IMO, do you think the show will continue to "linger around ideas" for a long period of time and then resolve everything in the final few episodes, perhaps years down the line?

Which important character will die next?

Thanks!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that they are in some sort of purgatory. But then there are things have come up recently that seems to refute this idea. The Oceanic Airlines mobile in the place where Claire is taken in order to have her baby really threw me for a loop. It brings in the possibility that the LOSTies were brought there intentionally/for a reason.

Still, I think some of the dialogue makes it pretty easy to perceive that they are dead. In addition to the line you mentioned, Jack gave a pretty profound one during the first season in one of the first episodes. He is talking to Kate on the beach and says something along the lines of "We all died a few days ago. We're all starting over." It's like everyone who had a good heart but made bad decisions in their lives have a chance to redeem themselves on the island.

It's hard to say when things are really going to be resolved because I don't know how long the show is going to go on. I've heard (read) people say something like 7 years, but that would be pretty difficult, especially with some of the actors and actresses growing in scope and the location where the show is shot. I would expect to get some real answers before season 2 comes to a close.

I think Ana Lucia will die next.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll answer questions about my favorite show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do all the characters have connections with each other in life before the island?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:15 PM

They are not dead and they are not in purgatory.
J.J Abrahms, DL have both stated that while they think this is a really cool idea and one they threw around...it is in fact not true. There is nothing supernatural or other worldly about the island..everything can be explained through science as they put it.
They already know what the island is, its back story, who the others are , how the plane crashed and why.

End of Season 2 I'm pretty sure will involve how and why the plane crashed...and the return of Desmond/Walt and what happens when the button isnt pushed.

They key clue to what is going on in the island is "time"...the majority of the books Sawyer read deal with time. In the old episode with Sayid being captured..originally when sayid asks rousea what her and the other scientists were studying she responded "time". Damon Lindof made David Fury remove that reference. The whispers in season 1 when slowed down and listened two are a conversation between two men and 1 women who are observing Sayid and they are arguing about whether he can see/percieve them.

Biggest secret that I think may be true

Locke's father is the same man who Sawyer has been searching for.
The Long Con that he put on his son Locke kind of supports this, Locke's dialogue about the origins of Sawyer's nickname...plus there has been mention that Sawyer and Locke share a huge secret/connection that neither is currently aware of.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They key clue to what is going on in the island is "time"...the majority of the books Sawyer read deal with time. In the old episode with Sayid being captured..originally when sayid asks rousea what her and the other scientists were studying she responded "time". Damon Lindof made David Fury remove that reference. The whispers in season 1 when slowed down and listened two are a conversation between two men and 1 women who are observing Sayid and they are arguing about whether he can see/percieve them.

[/ QUOTE ]
So do you think it has something to do with the fourth dimension, which is supposed to be time?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:58 PM

I think the island may have created some kind of rip or tear in time...or its surrounded within a bubble ala bermuda triangle.--that may be what the clock has to do with, may not.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:09 PM

The writers have said that the story is pretty much possible technologically, with a few minor upgrades to already-invented technologies.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:17 PM

How is Henry Gale going to fit into things? Is he an Other?
Old 03-24-2006, 09:26 PM

I'd assume so since his name is Henry Gale..from the wizard of Oz..and he supposedly arrived in a hot air balloon--wizard of oz again.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:28 PM

How did Mr Ecko's drug plane make it half way across the world to the south pacific?