Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 11-11-2007, 04:49 PM

Default 6750 pt hands

Is this a high enough volume of hands to derive an accurate analysis of the holes in a game? Should I play on to 10K and then review?

Thanks,

Gina
Old 11-11-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: 6750 pt hands

Not nearly enough for anything but very vague pointers. To have a decent sample size you should have >50k hands. Preferably more.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:32 PM

You can start looking for glaringly obvious bad play at any number of hands, but if you are going to start doing that through statistics from PT, you will need A LOT more hands to develop an accurate picture. Some parts of the data (VPIP,PFR for example) will start to attain an accurate statistical average more quickly than other parts(winrate, 3bet stats, etc).

Try doing session reviews if they are offered in the appropriate forum for your game.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:48 PM

Ok, and thank you for the replies. It may take me a while to reach the 50k number (I suck at multi-tabling, and work full time), but hopefully by xmas-ish I'll have that many hands.

For right now, the only truly glaring errors are
TPTK
and
Playing the beginners games or 5nl. I simply don't respect the $ enough not to call down with anything- and including those numbers in my stats turns everything upside down. I think I'll filter them out when I'm trying to look at games I'm really playing to win.

Gina