Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-03-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: NYC Poker Robbery and Shooting

[ QUOTE ]
This question is for TT.

Of course names are forbidden, but can you confirm that this was the place that opened really recently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. All of the details are expected to be in the news this week, just hang tight guys.... once the news is out then its fair game here.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:12 AM

My god do I have a pit in my stomach right now. I was at the Players Club when it was raided and I was at 61st St when it was robbed. After that gun was aimed at my head at 61st St I swore off underground rooms forever. I cannot believe any of you still play at these places. AC, Foxwoods, internet and home games is all I do now. I cannot believe a life was lost tonight. I probably know who it was if he played at Playstation.

I am so sick right now.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:12 AM

I was there until 2 hours before it happened. Beautiful clean place, around 3/4 of the tables were full.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:29 AM

TT, do you object to people linking to news acounts from this thread as they come in?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TT, do you object to people linking to news acounts from this thread as they come in?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course not, once its in the news then anything discussed within the article is fair game. Just don't discuss details not in the articles because it might hurt other businesses/players by accident.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:35 AM

Just hit the news:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11032007...dup_634387.htm
Old 11-03-2007, 03:37 AM

November 3, 2007 -- A high-stakes poker player was shot and critically wounded during a botched robbery of an illegal card game in the Flatiron District last night.

The 47-year-old man was blasted once in the abdomen by a shotgun after one of the bandits got skittish, dropped his sawed-off then accidentally fired off a round as he was picking it up, witnesses and police sources said.

The man was taken to St. Vincent's Hospital where he was clinging to life last night, officials said.

The trio of thugs stormed into the high-stakes game, at an office on the seventh floor of 251 5th Ave. just after 11 p.m. and attempted to steal the pot, sources said.

The three men - who were dressed in all black - then fled from the building, sources said.

The robbers, who called themselves, "One," "Two" and "Three," fled with a couple of thousand dollars said an eyewitness.

"It looked like they had done this before, they told us to dump our cash on the table," one player told The Post.

The game was held in an illegal poker room that was set up at the beginning of the week as a haven for card sharks looking for some quick action.

None of the other players were injured during the robbery.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:52 AM

edited out by *TT* because I find his request really offensive. This is a time to think about the safety of friends and the victim's family, who the victim is doesn't matter until its released on the news. Can you imagine if someone told one of his family members in passing by accident before the police did? That would be horrible - we should extend as much respect for him and his family as we can by waiting.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:53 AM

Does anyone know when the last time something like this (shots fired in a robbery, not just a robbery) happened in NYC is?
Old 11-03-2007, 08:44 AM

You're curious who it might be? Are you for real!??? The guy is dead you AHOLE!