Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 09:51 PM

Default This kinda pissed me off

So I bought Tony Hawks Proving Ground a few days ago. A friend of mine told me afterwards I should have gone with EA's "Skate" instead. I looked at some reviews and clips for it and after playing a little bit of Tony Hawk I decided I wanted Skate instead. I wasn't sure what the policy on returning games was, so I called the store (EBgames) to ask. I explained that I purchased THPG from their store only a few days ago, and that the game was in perfect mint condition with less than an hour of play on it, and I wanted to exchange it for another game of equal value. He told me that he couldn't do that. The best he said he could do was buy back the game from me, for 20 [censored] bucks. I literally said to him, "Seriously?"

Now I can see them not giving me a complete refund or exchange, perhaps making me pay 5 or 10 bucks since it was opened and they can't sell it new. I've seen them sell used games for almost the exact same price as the new version, in fact they tried to sell me a used version of some game recently for $55 when the new version was $60, so I assume that they would do the same for my mint condition THPG. But jesus, $20? That is pretty much a slap in the face. I would rather break the disc in half, coat it with antifreeze, then feed it to my dog than sell it back to those scumbags at 33% of it's original value so they can resell it for roughly the same price as the new version and make even more at my expense.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I think this is pretty effed up. This is a company that specializes in buying/selling both new and used games. Can't they use some common sense to realize that I deserve a reasonable refund in my case, at least in the form of store credit to buy another game from them?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

why would you feeding your dog something coated in antifreeze? you sick [censored].
Old 11-01-2007, 09:58 PM

would you be more, less, or equally outraged if they had a "no return" policy?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:59 PM

Yeah, it sucks, but it keeps teenagers from scaming them, which would undoubtedly happen if they gave a full refund. $5 or $10 less seems appropriate, but what can you do.

Just take it back to Wal-Mart.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:01 PM

This is worse than a slap in the face. You've lost your manhood. Burn this place to the ground.

Also, does anyone use those game rental services like Gamefly? TR please.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:04 PM

Old 11-01-2007, 10:05 PM

Isn't it a law or something that you're allowed to return any product until 30 days after you buy it?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:06 PM

Stores that deal in games have to jack up the previously viewed prices and keep down Trade in values. They make so little off of new games, this is how they make some nice profit.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather break the disc in half, coat it with antifreeze, then feed it to my dog

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Mike Vick, calm the [censored] down.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, does anyone use those game rental services like Gamefly? TR please.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an email notifying you that the _defective_ game Devil May Cry 3 was placed in the mailbox by <drunken friend> on March 16th. Your ultimatum of "receiving the game" by 3/29/2006 is:

1) a unilateral "contract" that has been accepted your company and your company alone, and thus void.

Essentially, your claim is TRUE LUNACY. You have breached your contract that your company had entered into with me, whereby in exchange for an amount of $21.95 per month, you would supply me with (keyword) OPERATIVE (end_keyword) games of my choice. If my credit card is charged any amount for the defective game that was in breach of our contract for a supply of games in exchange for monetary considerations, please understand that your company WILL be reported to the Better Business Bureau, the Securities and Exchange Bureau, the Department of Agriculture, and as a result, be under investigation by the proper governmental authorities for business fraud and assorted other white-collars crimes that I care not to mention here.

In my previous complaints I have not addressed the matter of non-operative games being delivered to me in breach of our contract, and I will address this complaint now. I requested a rental of Devil May Cry 3 in March, which was purportedly sent by your company on March 6, 2006. I received this _defective_ game on March 15th, which was complete unplayable, and thus in breach of our contract for an _effective_ game rental in consideration of the $21.95 that I paid per month. After much effort, I got in touch with your company's customer service, and eventually, a replacement game, Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening was purportedly to be sent on March 17, 2006. My rental plan currently guarantees me two (keyword) OPERATIONAL (end_keyword) games out simultaneously at any time of the month for the fee of $21.95. Unfortunately, I've only had the ability to play one game, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and have not the ability to play the other game of MY choice, pursuant to our contract, Devil May Cry 3.

The time that I have spent on this issue, replacing the defective game, and dealing with your defective customer service has far surpassed the terms of our contract. In consideration of the $21.95 that I have paid your company, I have received nothing but grief, hardship, and complete and utter wastes of time regarding what is rightfully mine contractually. I have been nothing but a spectacular customer to you, returning games such as Resident Evil 4 on time, and purchasing games such as Madden NFL 06 pursuant to your rules. What I have gotten in return is a defective game and a condescending email message that I am the party actually at fault for _your_ company's mistakes and defective games.

You have now, officially, crossed the line. You may consider this formal notification that I have initiated a breach of contract and inadequate business conduct complaint with several governmental agencies, including the Better Business Bureau and the Department of Commerce. I realize that most of your entire corporation is comprised of maladjusted individuals who take pride in taking advantage of indigent persons such as myself, but this lack of professionalism will last no longer.

In a short time you will be held accountable for the deeds and threats that were aimed at myself and my fellow video game renters. We are not to be threatened by your bourgeois and outlandish claims. If you thought that this was a joke, you are gravely mistaken. The video game community is not one to be trifled with. In conclusion, I demand two (2) free months of video game rentals for the time and effort that I have spent on this issue that was completely in the fault of your company, and in addition, two (2) free months of video game rentals for the emotional distress that I have suffered througout this ordeal. Would you like your company to undergo a jury trial for intentional infliction of emotional distress towards a legislatively protected national minority group? I think not. There is no veiled threat here, just a wake up call. I do not think that it is too much to presume that your company understands the concept of "customer service" and "opportunity cost" and "the customer is AlWaYs RiGhT". Perhaps you may try to prove me wrong.

Have a great day.

Best regards,

<drunken friend>