Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Lakers and Bulls discussing Kobe trade daily

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3082513

[ QUOTE ]
he Lakers are asking for a package built around Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah, which is more than Chicago is willing to surrender. Also, Bryant would not want to play in Chicago if the Bulls surrendered all four of those players, believing there would not be enough talent left to compete for a championship, and he would veto that trade even if the Bulls and Lakers were both in favor of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Bulls fan, I'd be fine with Gordon, Noah, and a couple/few draft picks. Would like to see Thomas stay, and absolutely under no circumstances want to see Deng flipped.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Lakers and Bulls discussing Kobe trade daily

After trading Ben Gordon and Noah for Kobe, the Bulls should try to trade Hinrich and loose parts for Nash, and then trade Ben Wallace for Dwight Howard.

Then the Bulls would be really really good. Like even as good as the Spurs!
Old 10-28-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After trading Ben Gordon and Noah for Kobe, the Bulls should try to trade Hinrich and loose parts for Nash, and then trade Ben Wallace for Dwight Howard.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. While they're at it, why not get KG for Tyrus Thomas, Viktor Khryapa, and maybe ten million in a briefcase or something?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:50 AM

Let Kobe veto the deal, that means he really doesn't want out ^^
Old 10-29-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your comment is ridiculous when you consider the fact the superstar in question always has the leverage, and if an offer is accepted it is always a lowball one or "10 cents on the dollar".

If Kobe bitched and moped and didn't perform to his standards, I could realistically see a Gordon+Noce+Thomas/Noah+Picks for Kobe after Dec. 15th.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Kobe bitched and moped and didn't perform to his standards & the Lakers kidnapped Paxson's family for ransom, I could realistically see a Gordon+Noce+Thomas/Noah+Picks for Kobe after Dec. 15th.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Kobe bitched and moped and didn't perform to his standards & the Lakers kidnapped Paxson's family for ransom, I could realistically see a Gordon+Noce+Thomas/Noah+Picks for Kobe after Dec. 15th.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you insinuating that Gordon+Noce+Thomas/Noah+picks is too much for kobe?

Propose that trade to any lakers' fan and they're like ROFL. I think that's pretty fair for a lowball offer though.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:32 AM

If anything, the Lakers have more leverage than the Wolves did because they were still a playoff team last year in the West.

That said, considering that KG and Kobe are of similar value, I think that the Bulls, if they do want Kobe, need to give up something of similar value, and the Celtics gave up Al Jefferson.

Deng is not even as good as Jefferson. The deal starts there.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If anything, the Lakers have more leverage than the Wolves did because they were still a playoff team last year in the West.

That said, considering that KG and Kobe are of similar value, I think that the Bulls, if they do want Kobe, need to give up something of similar value, and the Celtics gave up Al Jefferson.

Deng is not even as good as Jefferson. The deal starts there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the fact that Al Jefferson played the same position as KG.

If the Bulls traded Deng then one of Gordon, Hinrich, Bryant couldn't be on the court at all times, since Kobe can't play the SF full time. That would force Nocioni to be the starting SF on a championship team (I doubt he could).

Also boston had an absolutely terrible team, and needed to make a trade to have a shot. The bulls are already favorites to win the eastern conferance (along with boston now), and really have no onus to make a move.

Anyway, it doesn't look like a deal is going to get done, because Paxson is simply going to refuse a deal that doesn't work heavily in his favor.

edit I would assert that Deng is relatively equal to Jefferson

Their PERs are about equal, and obv deng kills him in roland ratings, but that's mostly due to his team.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:31 AM

Maybe I should think things over before quote-editing. I read it as 4 players + at least 2 picks for Kobe, which still isn't bad for the Bulls, but I would want Deng if I'm the Lakers.