Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 10-19-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Late night talk host.- Who\'s the best?

Old (NBC) Letterman was the best. When he moved to CBS he seemed to be neutered, but I think he has gotten back to how he was. Also I love that Chris Elliot is back on the show making appearances. His early stuff on the old show was just classic.

I also think that Craig Ferguson is pretty funny. I usually switch back and forth between Conan and Ferguson. In the year 2000 is one of the funniest segments on late night.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:28 PM

Chris Elliot is making appearances again? He was half of what was good about the old Letterman!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:44 PM
 is offline

Letterman>>>>Leno

Leno probably has better writers/material but his sense of humor is lame and his interviewing and interacting with the guests I mostly find extremely embarrassing.

With Letterman I never bother with the opening monologue which is almost never funny, the good thing with David is that he seems to know that and can make fun of himself, and then often when seated at the table where he rambles on about whatever, he can still strike comedy gold.

I just think that overall Letterman still has an edginess to him that i really like for some reason whereas Leno I just find boring and not even slightly interesting personality wise.

And of course Letterman is also a much better interviewer and often succeds in getting the best out of his guests.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris Elliot is making appearances again? He was half of what was good about the old Letterman!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I just started seeing him like 2 weeks ago. He was just on again last night. And needless to say his segments are pretty damn funny [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 06:50 PM

Yeah, Leno I think is a nice guy, but is trying so hard to be as inoffensive and whitebread as possible that sometimes I can really see the strain, even though Leno seems to have internalized those values. The thing is, his success at that ensures that he has almost no chance to surprise us even though he's obviously intelligent. Conan and Leno, by contrast, could always come out with something off the wall or that seems to pierce through the numbing wall of politically correct acceptability here and there.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:35 AM

I use to TIVO jay leno, for the most part. Yet started to notice his jokes are all the same through out the weak, just re-written.

Yet. Def the very best is KIMMEL. Original, keeps up with current events and always has some fun mini skits!