Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life

Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Official Law School Sucks Thread

OP sounds like the typical 22-23 y/o kid who goes to law school because he can't think of anything better to do. Noah's advice is good, but make up your own mind. Except the part about paying full-price for a non-premium school... that statement was objectively true imo.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:30 PM

Eh, I went because I enjoyed my legal classes in undergrad. I'm not personally taking on any debt, so whatever.

The thread is kind of demonstrating why the profession is not for me. A bunch of "I am great, you are an idiot" posts. But I probably should have expected that.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:30 PM

Can someone please explain the process one would go through to not pay full tuition? Are we talking scholarship and TA jobs as a form of assistance? Or do they simply not charge the stated price? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:34 PM

OP,

In the future you may wish to use the standard format for all "Official" threads.

It is:

***Official (x) Thread***

so, you should have used

***Official Law School Sucks Thread***
Old 10-17-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone please explain the process one would go through to not pay full tuition? Are we talking scholarship and TA jobs as a form of assistance? Or do they simply not charge the stated price? Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many schools have vastly different rates for "instate" tuition - when I was deciding where to go, the difference between the school in the state I lived at the time and in the next state over was about 15k/yr.

To OP. I agree, LS sucks. Lawyering is a job, and like any job it sometimes sucks and sometimes doesn't.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:51 PM

Commercial Paper and Secured Transactions will make you long for Civ Pro. Studying for the bar is also a treat. Enjoy.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Commercial Paper and Secured Transactions will make you long for Civ Pro. Studying for the bar is also a treat. Enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking secured transactions now. It is an hour of head asplode per day. How the hell could anyone do that their entire life????????
Old 10-17-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The thread is kind of demonstrating why the profession is not for me. A bunch of "I am great, you are an idiot" posts. But I probably should have expected that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your coming around.

My advice, not that you asked for it or probably want it, is to finish school and become a embittered anti-social contract attorney like me. You can peruse 2+2 all day at work. Move to an area where contract attorneys make $40/hr and there is a great poker scene (cough, L.A.) and live happily every after. If you can.

Edit: I hope your taking CP and ST b/c they are on the bar in the state you hope to be admitted to. Otherwise, that's your own fault.

Peace, my brother. I do hope you find some happiness in the profession. I have to sign off now because I am not allowed to work past 7 p.m. at this law firm. I'm only here until 7 because I decided to take off Friday and want to go to the Sands AC implosion tomorrow night, so I have to get as close to 40 hours as I can.

Ya' follow?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:39 PM

I really like all 8 weeks of law school I've gotten through. It hasn't been very hard and doesn't require nearly the amount of time people claim it does. And the people here are mostly nice.

Reading for most of the day? We have to read like 20-30 pages per class, sometimes with spikes to 40-50. Am I getting really lucky?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I hope your taking CP and ST b/c they are on the bar in the state you hope to be admitted to. Otherwise, that's your own fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

I even think "take it if it's on the bar" advice is bad. You should only take it if you plan on practicing it. You can learn what you need to during bar study. Best decision I made was to ignore the advice of folks who said that you should take as many bar classes as possible. It'll only make you hate law school even more.