Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: vB Testing

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I mean this in the nicest way possible...

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG WHY ARE YOU FLAMING US?!!?!

Anyway, here's some comments:

- clicking on the "last post by" link no longer takes you to the last post, it takes you to that user's profile. There are a lot of threads I don't want to show up as marked read so I just click on that last post and scroll up, sort of like dipping my toe in the pool. If the thread is not of interest to me, then I don't have to deal with it being marked read and drawing my attention all the time. I may be the only one who does this though.

- it would be nice to have emoticons and URL/image stuff in quick reply, but if that is considered too much clutter then never mind.

- the most recent thread in the test forum is StevieG posting about the ability for all users to embed Youtube videos. I think this would be a terrible idea, particularly if they auto-launch (iron had a self-launching Youtube video embedded in one of these threads that freaked me out). That and the ability to change font size/marquee etc., I hope all that stuff is disabled for regular users (hell, or everyone, but mods seem to use it sparingly and appropriately).

Hopefully that is more of what you are looking for.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:51 PM

ryan,

I 2nd entertainme in talking about how HH will work. If you have an idea I think it would be a good idea to PM tickner (he does the lego converter)

That said, I know you dont want look stuff, but avatars, locations and titles are needed.

Also, the who the thread is by needs to be WAY more visable.

Something I just noticed too was that when you click on a users name to send them a PM (or edit them) the option to visit their homepage comes up. Might wanna disable that.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
avatars, locations and titles are needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

vB has all three? Current avatars and titles won't carry over, though.

Also, since this discussion really should be taking place over there, I'm going to lock and sticky this thread.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:01 PM

I can't say I'm a big fan of having to click on a button in someone's post in order to activate quick reply. I'd much rather just have quick reply assume I'm responding to the last post, just like it does now.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't suppose it's possible to put names, avatars, post count, etc. in a column on the left as opposed to this big horizontal bar, is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being stupid. It does involve a different template but mercifully it's been included. Difference between postbit and postbit legacy. Check it out now. It's almost looking 2+2ish.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:00 AM

This would be a good time for anyone else who wants to comment on the current state of vB to give it a look. There have been some changes since this thread was posted.
Closed Thread