Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Rescue Me: What the [censored] Happened to this Show?

Everything about the show has become a weak caricature of itself. From Tommy's "Yeah-but-but-you know, I -ca-ca-can't let you, an-and the baby, right? Because i-i-it would...whatever" stammering schtick to the 'drama' that makes you want to just kill his wife and daughter to the far to obvious 'Tommy has something poignant to say' moments that used to at least be better woven into the story. It's all like Grindhouse. The dialogue for QT's section seemed like a good college writer trying to script dialogue like QT while falling just short enough to make it stand out. This season is exactly the same. It's as if they hired on a whole team of new writers who aren't as good as previous writers, but still trying to emulate the shows traits.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:29 PM

I agree 100% that this show has nosedived...but I'm guessing that I'll quickly forget how horrible RM was when the upcoming season of Prison Break debuts
Old 09-06-2007, 06:59 PM

I thought the beginning of the season was good---but the last 2/3 to 3/4 of this one has blown.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still, it's a great intro song.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This and Dexter are the only shows where I always watch the intro. Entourage is by far the worst as we all know.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still, it's a great intro song.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This and Dexter are the only shows where I always watch the intro. Entourage is by far the worst as we all know.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was actually thinking of making a thread about this.
IMO
Sopranos is hands down the best intro ever.
Followed by The Wire.
The two worst are Deadwood and The Shield imo.
The big problem with the season is pretty much every plot has happened already. Why can't Tommy have sex with someone who isn't batshit crazy one time.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:46 PM

Yeah that opening bass line still fires me up.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:52 PM

the west wing has a good intro song, esp the way it fires into it each time.

friday night lights theme is cool and relaxed.

californication has possibly the worst intro credits i've seen in years.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:57 PM

OMFG!!! This show has sucked so much ass this summer. I'm truly pissed off about this. WTF do you make ppl wait all summer for this piece of crap 4?

I'm really gettin tired of these lil shows gettin "popular" and then the new season comes and the plot(s) go nowhere or don't mean much. It's like the writers got snatched up elsewhere and replaced by the B-crew or something.

OP pegged everything wrong w/ this season, though I do love the autustic guy/brother to Franco's gf. Also, am I the only 1 who thinks that those other 2 white guys in the main crew just lift right out? I don't even really know their names unless some1 outright says it while they are talking to them in a scene.

A la 24 this past season, I can't even remember a goddammn thing that happend on it and that is one of my all time favorite pieces of entertainment.

I am in agreement over the intro sequence, that one I sing along to. Hypes me up a lil, LOL.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:23 AM

Agree with OP that this is a serious WTF season. I just caught up to season 12 online.

What is the deal with Tommy sneaking into buildings on fire and rescuing people, then scurrying away unseen? I must have missed something.

And at what point did Tommy go from a tough guy to a complete doormat?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple weeks ago there was what looked to be a continuous shot of about 3 minutes straight with Tommy and Lou walking through a burned out building. I didn't spot any cuts in that scene - it was amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that Tommy's long dialogue/rant before he jumped off the roof a few episodes ago seemed to be uncut, and thought it was pretty impressive.

This season hasn't been that great. For me, it has been too serious and not funny enough. Anything involving Janet and the baby just stresses the hell out of me... I'm glad they are kind of lightening up on that story a bit, although I haven't seen last week's episode yet.

Tommy's dreams and delusions stress me out as well... I watch this show primarily for the humor, of which there has been some slim pickins' this season.