Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Las Vegas Shows.. Anything worth going to???

You could NOT pay me enough.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:48 PM

Was`that CarrotTop, the Joan Rivers look-alike, or the New CarrotTop, all pumped up on steroids ?

Prop comics are worse than mimes.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spamalot at the Wynn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

Stomp Out Loud is very good, too.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:24 PM

When I was out there alot of random ppl were rec the blue man group but I had no desire to see it. Might be something to it though.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Le Reve is by far still the most overrated, boring, overpriced, "O" rip-off there is. How it's still running is still a mystery to me. I've seen the show 2x (only because we got comped and friends wanted to go), but it truly is a poorman's "O". It's mostly choreography (not very good at that) and very little impressive acrobat. If you must blow money to see a show, check out "O" or any Cirque show instead!

[/ QUOTE ]
wow - this interests me. the only cirque-type show i've seen is le reve, and i thought it was incredible. if O is that much better than le reve, i will have to do that sometime.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Le Reve is by far still the most overrated, boring, overpriced, "O" rip-off there is. How it's still running is still a mystery to me. I've seen the show 2x (only because we got comped and friends wanted to go), but it truly is a poorman's "O". It's mostly choreography (not very good at that) and very little impressive acrobat. If you must blow money to see a show, check out "O" or any Cirque show instead!

[/ QUOTE ]
wow - this interests me. the only cirque-type show i've seen is le reve, and i thought it was incredible. if O is that much better than le reve, i will have to do that sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to go with him on this one too. I saw La Reve and absolutely HATED IT! They've changed the opening from when it first started it's run at Wynn and I had no clue wtf was going on. Then I found out later from a friend what the old opening was and it made sense, but I still hated the show.

Btw, 40 guys with shaved heads in 1 room is just a little scary.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll make it simple. If your the type of person who likes Stomp, you will hate Le Reve but like Ka, Mystere, and probably O. Personally I loved Le Reve, one of my favs in Vegas (right behind Love). Its very artistic and cerebral, I saw it with Barry and we both loved it.

For what its worth I didn't like Stomp. I liked Blue Man when I saw it in NYC at the original tiny theater, I guess I'd like the Vegas edition as well.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:40 PM

The tune played on the rubber tubing was neat. I didn't think I'd be entertained for 90 minutes with no dialogue and no music, but I was. In fact, the Marvelous Miss M and I are going back this month sometime. (Gotta love freebies.)

Now, if I could get another freebie to Love, I'd be in heaven. That's absolutely the best show we've seen.

I've hinted about Blue Man for my birthday. Saw them years ago in Boston. I will have to settle for Buffett in Oct. Bummer, huh?

I'm buying tix for Carlin, tho, in Nov. We've seen Bob Seegar, Clapton, and Steven Wright, this year. Love LV. lol
Old 09-01-2007, 12:51 AM

Thanks everyone.. I wanted to check out Love, but 150 a ticket seems insane to me.. I didn't really see anything else that interested me.. I was hoping a local would be able to give me the inside scoop on one of the smaller shows being great. I guess you get what you pay for
Old 09-01-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks everyone.. I wanted to check out Love, but 150 a ticket seems insane to me.. I didn't really see anything else that interested me.. I was hoping a local would be able to give me the inside scoop on one of the smaller shows being great. I guess you get what you pay for

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are into magic and dive theaters the "World's Greatest Magic Show" at the Greek Isles is fun if you can get a discount coupon. Buy the cheapest ticket. $10 to the doorman gets you front row.