5 0 0%
Six Horses! Oh, and ditch the rap. 1 8.33%
7 0 0%
Totally pwns Yves 4 33.33%
9 1 8.33%
10/B@st@rd 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: are you going to sign the neteller release?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or they could give your info out on a silver platter if you dont sign since youll have no recourse

[/ QUOTE ]

no if you don't sign then you can still sue.

by signing you are agreeing basically not to be able to sue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you can sue still.

If this release is somehow a plan to not pay money, how can any court accept an online form for that, most people wouldn't even read that.

I didn't sign the release.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:41 PM

lol NeTellerAments

I've signed worse for less. Just gimme my $$$ and no one gets hurt.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:53 PM

this comes down to a fairly simple consideration:

if EV(possibly suing Neteller) - EV(possibly getting sued by Neteller) > 0, then you should not sign.

In other words, consider the possible hypothetical "value" of reserving your rights to sue Neteller down the track.

Then, subtract the possible hypothetical "cost" of possibly being sued by Neteller.

If that result is more than 0, you should not sign. If that result is less than 0, you should sign.

While I am not a lawyer (get legal advice, and don't trust random schmucks on an anonymous internet message board) it would surprise me if there were many people (if any!) who have any chance of being sued by Neteller.

Under my very limited knowledge of Australian law, I've never hear of any concept of "reverse class action" where one litigant can easily sue a large number of people. It would surprise me if it were cost effective for Neteller to employ literally hundreds of lawyers to litigate a series of (relatively) small-time individuals - and even then, I cannot imagine what grounds they could possibly litigate on.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this comes down to a fairly simple consideration:

if EV(possibly suing Neteller) - EV(possibly getting sued by Neteller) > 0, then you should not sign.

In other words, consider the possible hypothetical "value" of reserving your rights to sue Neteller down the track.

Then, subtract the possible hypothetical "cost" of possibly being sued by Neteller.

If that result is more than 0, you should not sign. If that result is less than 0, you should sign.

While I am not a lawyer (get legal advice, and don't trust random schmucks on an anonymous internet message board) it would surprise me if there were many people (if any!) who have any chance of being sued by Neteller.

Under my very limited knowledge of Australian law, I've never hear of any concept of "reverse class action" where one litigant can easily sue a large number of people. It would surprise me if it were cost effective for Neteller to employ literally hundreds of lawyers to litigate a series of (relatively) small-time individuals - and even then, I cannot imagine what grounds they could possibly litigate on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your equation.

The possibility of getting anything from a court of law that is worth the trouble and expense to you is about zero. Plug it into the equation and you should sign the release IMO.

FYI, I would probably talk someone out of suing Neteller (and the DOJ, who would be a necessary party I think) and wouldn't take their retainer money. Plenty of lawyers would love to though and will be happy to fight Neteller and the DOJ for a couple years on your dime. Oh, btw, the general rule in the US is that you pay your own legal fees.