Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: FTP CHECKS ARE NOT COMING ON TIME--WHY?

I requested a check on May 18, still not received. Yesterday they told me to wait an extended period of time for a stop payment for the above check. Then I can request a new one. If I ever receive a check I estimate it will take more than 70 days. Never had to wait more than a week for 4 different sites in 7 years.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:15 PM

I requested a check in May and it still has not arrived. I got a message two weeks back that they didn't send the check out because of a clerical error. They gave me $50 to apologize and resent the check, saying it would be here in 10 business days. The 10 days are almost up, and I was counting on this money to pay my quarterly income taxes.

What's especially awesome about this is that I also requested a check from WSEX at the same time so I could make doubly sure that I'd be able to pay my taxes on time, and that hasn't gotten here either.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:16 PM

Honestly, this is getting to be the equivalent of expecting a paycheck from an employer and not receiving it. If my check doesn't show up in 5 days, then fine. But if it's going to take 10 or more, an explanation would at least be nice. Do I have to sell off my investment portfolio just so I have enough liquid cash to live? This is getting ridiculous. One check is 28 days outstanding. The only explanation on that one was they encountered a "technical error".
Old 06-26-2007, 11:20 PM

i just wish they would say something. i could live with "sir for xxxx reason it will take double the time to process your payout". instead you get nothing and get to sit and wonder if your check was even sent in the first place.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:28 PM

Yeah I agree sublime. It's not having a clue of when to expect it that's killing me right now. The response on Full Tilt's end just seems ignorant of any knowledge of what is going on. I honestly feel like if I just sat back and patiently waited, the check could never come and I'd never hear from them again.

I want to hear some sort of explanation. At least if I have some reason to believe there will be a delay, I can plan around it. I'll be the first to admit, I'm extremely paranoid at this point. After what happened with getting Neteller funds frozen, I'm not taking anything for granted. As of right now there is $6000 outstanding, not to mention I'm ready to make another withdrawal on top of that. For me, this has gone beyond the amount of money that I consider to be no big deal. This is months of hard work and effort. I'd like to cash in on it, literally. Even if it were a small sum of money, it wouldn't be any different. Players are entitled to receive whatever funds they have in a somewhat timely manner.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:30 AM

Mine arrive in about 1 week. No problems.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine arrive in about 1 week. No problems.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 AM

Bogdog is having the exact same issues and customer service was giving the same no idea excuses. Bodog was great with Western Union payouts till they lost their WU payment processor two weeks ago. After getting the same check in the mail BS from Bodog customer service "well can't say when, but it takes maybe 20 business days" I sent an email to Calvin Ayre, being I'm a very large player on Bodog in both poker and sports betting and was asked in February to be on the "Player Advisory Board". I threaded the response I got in this forum a few pages back. It all seems to boil down to payment "check" processors for these sites. Every site has had to find new processors because the old ones are afraid of the UIGEA. The current processors are unwilling to send large amounts of payouts per day, only a small amount , I've been told. With the rush to get the money to all sites WSOP 12k winners it has slowed the process even more. I.E. transactions over 10k red flag the transaction to the US govt. The UIGEA got slipped in last year "because terrorist's can send money to terrorist's here via online gaming sites" BULL CRAP!!! No MR. Frist, PartyPoker and Neteller did not fund 9/11, Western Union f'n did!!! I truly fear the loss of all payment processors for checks could happen if the UIGEA is not repealed. One suggestion I floated,is to pay us with prepaid visa debit cards that we could also use to fund accounts too. That is being explored currently and will hopefully be a way to get paid faster. If you don't live in the US you still got NETELLER for payouts in days or even hours. Only US players are having issues with the major sites, and believe me PokerStars will start slowing check payouts soon too. Oh to live in Europe or Australia. What the govt doesn't realize is that winning online players bring a ton of money into the US economy from the cash we get from the foreign donks we crush and we f'n spend it!!

I don't about you guys, but with the UIGEA, TAXES, and IRAQ, I've freakin had it! Give my dam money and I'm moving to Austraila.

To clarify the issue on the FBI and online poker, it IS NOT ILLEGAL TO PLAY ONLINE POKER IN THE US, IT'S ILLEGAL TO PROCESS PAYMENTS FROM AN OFFSHORE GAMING SITE TO THE US.If it was illegal then the FBI could round up everyone in VEGAS the next two weeks. lol. You can walk into the lobby of any FBI or Justice Dept. office, pop open you're laptop, and log on to stars, start playin a lil 100/200 and all they can do is tell you to leave. I'll do it for ya if you don't believe me.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:04 AM

Guys, we have four people contributing to this thread right now just throwing out the general comment that you get your checks within a week and there are no problems. Could you provide a little bit more detail? When I requested a check at the end of April, that check arrived within a week also, and I had no complaints. However, a lot of people who have requested checks within the past month have had some serious problems. My checks were requested on May 29, and June 13. Have any of you requested checks in a similar timeframe?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, we have four people contributing to this thread right now just throwing out the general comment that you get your checks within a week and there are no problems. Could you provide a little bit more detail? When I requested a check at the end of April, that check arrived within a week also, and I had no complaints. However, a lot of people who have requested checks within the past month have had some serious problems. My checks were requested on May 29, and June 13. Have any of you requested checks in a similar timeframe?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. They are non US players posting.
2. They work for FT
3. Their day job is with the FBI/Justice Dept. lol
4. They got a $100 or less payout.
5. They don't know how lucky they are right now.