Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report - Boring with one sick exception.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he ever claimed his aces were the nuts...

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have top set with no straight or flush possibilities with no pair on the board, it's the nuts. That's why they were reraising each other. They both had the nuts in this (impossible) scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the OP lated fixed his post and said he didn't have a set of aces, just that the pair of aces held up as best (tied with the other aces).

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You! I did fix it and completely admit when I made the OP I completely screwed up. Only important part was that we both had aces and they actually held up. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Sorry again for the confusion!

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was that I didn't think you guys would keep re-raising each other without something pretty close to the nuts. Maybe there was trips on the board, so you each had top full house and didn't put each other on quads.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was in Vegas from late Friday the 18th Friday the 25th.
40 hours of Conference and 50+ hours of Poker

I think I saw the outside world about an hour the whole time I was there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're my hero
Old 06-06-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he ever claimed his aces were the nuts...

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have top set with no straight or flush possibilities with no pair on the board, it's the nuts. That's why they were reraising each other. They both had the nuts in this (impossible) scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the OP lated fixed his post and said he didn't have a set of aces, just that the pair of aces held up as best (tied with the other aces).

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You! I did fix it and completely admit when I made the OP I completely screwed up. Only important part was that we both had aces and they actually held up. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Sorry again for the confusion!

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was that I didn't think you guys would keep re-raising each other without something pretty close to the nuts. Maybe there was trips on the board, so you each had top full house and didn't put each other on quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I have been trying to remember the details of this particular hand and here is what I think happened.

This was a little while after the bad beat jackpot was hit and the whole table loosened up with the influx of "free" money. The other guy in the hand with aces had been playing really loose and about half silly since then, especially since it had been his wife who got the bad beat so between the two of them they had almost $1000 of this jackpot.

I get the aces, he limps, couple of other limpers, I raise, a couple of cold callers he just calls and the other limpers call.

Flop comes with a queen and a couple of rags. It is checked to me and I want to check and raise figuring someone at this table will bet since they hadn't check around on a flop for quite awhile. Everyone checks. I figure I am good here for sure now.

Turn comes another rag everything is rainbow. He checks and someone in front of me bets and I raise. Couple of callers and he check - re-raises. Now I start to wonder what he has. Everyone else ends up folding when I raise again and it is capped. I wonder if maybe he was slow playing queens or maybe had aces as well, but think it is more likely that he has Ace-King. He is not all that good, at all, and I do not see him slow playing queens like this. Up until now if he had anything like that he was very aggressive from the get go.

River comes and it is some other trash and He bets, I raise, He re-raises and now I am just not sure so I just called. He turns over the aces and we go from there.

Maybe I should have though about a set out there like Queens but I hadn't had any cards in SO long, I am still mildly irritated about the bad beat jackpot and really didn't think he had the set. At some point I also figured there was no way I was bailing out because if I was beat I was spinning the wheel! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I am sure I missed a couple of things but hey, it's pretty close as far as I can remember.