Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report - Boring with one sick exception.

I thought it was common knowledge that excaliber deals a game with 5 aces
Old 06-05-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link plz
Old 06-05-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the sad thing is that there is nothing you could have done to win a piece of that BBJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if I had decided to wait to piss I would have had a part of it. Of course, now that I think of it, if I HAD been there the cards would have been delt different and no BBJ would have happened!!!

Damn, I should have thought of that then and talked them into sharing with me anyways!

I suppose that's really what you meant isn't it! Crap, is it 5:00 yet? I need a drink!

[/ QUOTE ]

The only bad beat JP I've been a part of I convinced the winner (loser) to give the guy who went to the bathroom a table share. You being gone from the table was just as crucial a part of the JP getting hit as anything else that happened in the hand. Granted the one I was in was for a lot more money so the winner was feeling pretty generous, but yeah, you probably could have talked them into it. You might have had to explain the butterfly effect to them though.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he ever claimed his aces were the nuts...

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have top set with no straight or flush possibilities with no pair on the board, it's the nuts. That's why they were reraising each other. They both had the nuts in this (impossible) scenario.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link plz

[/ QUOTE ]
http://poker.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur
Old 06-05-2007, 12:05 PM

Dammit... got Rick'd.....again.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only bad beat JP I've been a part of I convinced the winner (loser) to give the guy who went to the bathroom a table share. You being gone from the table was just as crucial a part of the JP getting hit as anything else that happened in the hand. Granted the one I was in was for a lot more money so the winner was feeling pretty generous, but yeah, you probably could have talked them into it. You might have had to explain the butterfly effect to them though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing. In Detroit I was in one (losing hand's share) and without any debate we all chipped in to give the walker his share.

In other cities, without any debate the winners decide to give the walker nothing.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have top set with no straight or flush possibilities with no pair on the board, it's the nuts. That's why they were reraising each other. They both had the nuts in this (impossible) scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the OP lated fixed his post and said he didn't have a set of aces, just that the pair of aces held up as best (tied with the other aces).

Rob
Old 06-05-2007, 06:59 PM

Wow, I just had the same situation in AC this weekend. Was at Harrah's in a friendly 2/4 game, had been at the table about 90 mins and had to leave to go have dinner with my mom and her "slot cronies". I left and the BBJ was 59,800....came back an hour later and it was only 11,000. I asked what happened and a guy from MY table came runnin up...."man, it sucks, 3 hands after you left we had 4ofakind 8's get beat by a straight flush for the BBJ", winning hand took 30,000.00 , loser got 15,000 and the others at the table got 1,800 each.....EXCEPT ME!!! 6 of them were still there, but noone came up with that "butterfly effect" theory for me....oh well, told my mom and her friends they owed me 600 each for dinner!!! LOL
Old 06-05-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But the OP lated fixed his post and said he didn't have a set of aces, just that the pair of aces held up as best (tied with the other aces).

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You! I did fix it and completely admit when I made the OP I completely screwed up. Only important part was that we both had aces and they actually held up. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Sorry again for the confusion!