Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Can I get money if I wear a FTP badge?

12K is weak, I heard offers of nearly 50K for FTP gear last year
Old 03-05-2007, 06:02 PM

Do you think FTP asks them randomly? I feel like there are so many people who play, and some people don't necesarily deserve their wins. How does FTP choose who they think is good representation?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:50 PM

Well, I'm assuming that the people New2NL heard of made a televised final table when they were made the offer. In that case, I really don't think they'd care who the person was or how well they play -- all that matters is that they're going to be on TV.

As for people like Shannon Elizabeth doing it, I think this is clearly because of her celebrity status. It really doesn't matter how she does in the tourney, she's going to get media attention and hence be a walking advertisement for FTP.

The amount of money that someone gets paid for just wearing a badge might seem sort of large, but when you think about it, it's an amazingly small amount for FTP to pay to have their logo shown for such a long amount of time and to such a large audience. I'm sure airing a 30-second commercial during a televised poker tournament costs at least twice as much as what they pay people to wear a badge.