Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 01-06-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Easy fold with JJ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lucky, I might be who you think I am. It's really funny that you say that because I have been running badly and have been experimenting with playing 2-4 as a super nit. Very funny that you would post that. I have been playing badly for the last month or so and have been playing uber tight. probably around 15 or 16/9. usually i'm up in the 22 to 23 range. pm me who you think I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any super nits winning at anything above 200nl 6 handed in any of my databases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess I'm not a super nit.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:31 PM

I think this is one of those hands that highly depends on how you've been playing.

I'm still leading the turn for likely $140 and folding to a push. There's not much we're beating besides smaller pairs, and over cards, but I'm not just stoping because my flop bet was called. If I think my opponent believes I'm only 3-betting with a premium pair pre-flop, then this is a good place to check/fold of course. Otherwise, I'm plowing along and seeing how my opponent reacts to a turn bet. Do I want to commit half my stack? no... but I also don't want to open the window for my opponent to start floating me on the flop.

Again, how this plays depends highly into what you think your opponent believes your 3-bet range is, and what HIS 3-bet range is (meaning how he may think about the game). Tight = fold, Loose(or looser) = bet turn.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:13 AM

freakdaddy,

are you really leading turn for 140 w/ AK? or AA? I'm usually just shoving here or checking. I think that a lot of players will call this flop bet with any PP, but betting turn just turns our hand into air IMO. I like the check here because we are still ahead quite often, but betting just loses money against TT/QQ+ and gets worst to folds. I like calling this bet, and folding on a non-J river. I think he has 66/77/99 a lot given bet sizing and the pause PF.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
freakdaddy,

are you really leading turn for 140 w/ AK? or AA? I'm usually just shoving here or checking. I think that a lot of players will call this flop bet with any PP, but betting turn just turns our hand into air IMO. I like the check here because we are still ahead quite often, but betting just loses money against TT/QQ+ and gets worst to folds. I like calling this bet, and folding on a non-J river. I think he has 66/77/99 a lot given bet sizing and the pause PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer your question, yes. However I bluff at a high frequency. If I were playing tight or fairly tagish, I prefer a check/call or check/fold like I said.

This is a pretty classic spot that I think kind of defines your overall poker game theory and how you approach many other situations.