Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Need to know drop for 1/2 blind NL games in LA for eTable analysis

[ QUOTE ]
Ah oceanside - here I was all excited about a cardroom in LA I didn't know about.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't know about this one. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 10-31-2006, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so, how did you do last night at the bike?

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally don't like to talk results but this one won't harm much. Was real tired so decided to play small and stay for the drawings since my estimate of each tickets EV was $30 or so and I had two.

Played the $200 for four hours, lost just under $100. Game wasn't too good, I was card dead but had a great view of the Plasma showing the Patriots dismantle the Vikings (only team I care about other than the Red Sox). Was looking for AlienBoy but just got a dirty look from the one sort of tall guy who looked a little like Dirk Nowiski (sp?), maybe he thought I was gay for approaching him.

Picked up to check out the $80 NL first hand. Got into a fairly tight game where the first hand I raise with AJ, get called, and steal on a flop miss. Next hand get QQ, raise again, now I get raised on the flop by a guy who probably thinks I'm a loonatic (raining the first two hands) on a J-x-x board and my queens hold up against AJ (nice AJ parlay for me). Stay about even for a while, stealing a few pots. Eventually AlienBoy joins the table and a while later we sit next to each other and I annoy him with my incessant chat. Attractive, on the ball, not stuck up cocktail waitress who has this silky smooth gracefulness writes a cute note on the cover to the wine I ordered (after forgetting me the first time), highlight of my night other than meeting AlienBoy.

Saw something I've never seen before. Probably retired but definitely super tight player is $6 deep. Limper in front of him and he limps for $3. More limps then a big raise and he folds for $3 more all-in. Never saw anything like it but part of this story may be hyperbole.

By midnight drawing is over and I'm real tired. Cash out about $128 ahead while AlienBoy is on his way to destroying the game as it is now good. After subtracting cost of wine, meals, and gas I was about -$5 for the night.

I have a feeling you have the advantage of knowing who I am. I'll have to ferret you out.

~ Rick

PS AlienBoy thought there was a likely 2+2 type in the seven seat of the 80 game. Was that you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. I rarely go there on weeknights anymore. And I've been trying to figure out who you are but still can't. You say you like to chatter? Are you a former prop at the bike who played Chris Ferguson HU a few years ago? I doubt that's you but he is definitely a chatterbox. Nice guy though. LOL

Was Tracy your waitress?

So, what did you think of the $80 compared to the $100? Also, does it have the same free food? That old geezer story is hilarious. Sounds like he just moved up from 3/6.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while AlienBoy is on his way to destroying the game as it is now good.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLZ - that guy in seat 5 was just HANDING me racks!

After you left a GAMBLOR sat in 7, and seat 5 and 7 both went AI for a rack PF after I had raised to $35 on the button with pocket 77. I read them both for AK or KQ or something and called $70 getting decent odds on a now $250 pot - all low cards came on the board & MHIG... lol. Unfortunately I had to get up in the morning and had to leave... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

AB
Old 10-31-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ah oceanside - here I was all excited about a cardroom in LA I didn't know about.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't know about this one. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to go there and crush them at Mexican poker.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other than the big one between LA and Japan I think he means Ocean's Eleven in Oceanside just East of the 405 off the Mission Avenue exit. It's on the right hand side right after passing over the freeway going East behind a gas station right next to the motel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm the last time I went there that was the 5 freeway.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After you left a GAMBLOR sat in 7, and seat 5 and 7 both went AI for a rack PF after I had raised to $35 on the button with pocket 77. I read them both for AK or KQ or something and called $70 getting decent odds on a now $250 pot - all low cards came on the board & MHIG... lol. Unfortunately I had to get up in the morning and had to leave... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was there for that pot. I was fading out and missed some of the early action but was thinking a bit about the hand and just ran some numbers on Pokerstove. If you aren't partly pot stuck and don't put them on somewhat duplicated overcards you really aren't in great shape with them all in. Here are three hands that could be in the range:

With something like AcKd, KhQs, versus 7c7h you have 43.5.% equity. Easy call if you are reasonably sure.

But if against the dreaded overcards, overpair combo it's much worse. For example if they hold AcKd, 9h9s versus 7c7h you have under 18% equity.

If they hold unduplicated overcards, your equity is only about 32%. You need the dead money here.

A lot depends on the certainty of your reads and how often some of the worse case scenarios fall in the range. Your reads are probably better than mine though. Sometimes I have NL ADD.

~ Rick

PS Sh_t, I forgot this is the B&M forum, not a strategy forum. TT may delete this but I'll leave it up given I already wrote it.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS AlienBoy thought there was a likely 2+2 type in the seven seat of the 80 game. Was that you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me. I rarely go there on weeknights anymore. And I've been trying to figure out who you are but still can't. You say you like to chatter? Are you a former prop at the bike who played Chris Ferguson HU a few years ago? I doubt that's you but he is definitely a chatterbox. Nice guy though. LOL

Was Tracy your waitress?

So, what did you think of the $80 compared to the $100? Also, does it have the same free food? That old geezer story is hilarious. Sounds like he just moved up from 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the guy you're thinking of above. I usually on the quiet side for most sessions but I'll be chatty at times, depending on my mood and who I'm with. I'm always quiet when in a hand; I'd make terrible TV.

I've been going to the Bike about once or twice a week, the floor would be able to pick me out.

I thought the 80 game was sort of as AlienBoy describes it. Plays much smaller than the $100. It did get better after I left.

I don't even know the name of the waitress; I think she was hired after I left or worked the other side. Besides, I generally like to be properly introduced. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 10-31-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was there for that pot. I was fading out and missed some of the early action but was thinking a bit about the hand and just ran some numbers on Pokerstove. If you aren't partly pot stuck and don't put them on somewhat duplicated overcards you really aren't in great shape with them all in. Here are three hands that could be in the range:

With something like AcKd, KhQs, versus 7c7h you have 43.5.% equity. Easy call if you are reasonably sure.

But if against the dreaded overcards, overpair combo it's much worse. For example if they hold AcKd, 9h9s versus 7c7h you have under 18% equity.

If they hold unduplicated overcards, your equity is only about 32%. You need the dead money here.

A lot depends on the certainty of your reads and how often some of the worse case scenarios fall in the range. Your reads are probably better than mine though. Sometimes I have NL ADD.

~ Rick

PS Sh_t, I forgot this is the B&M forum, not a strategy forum. TT may delete this but I'll leave it up given I already wrote it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My call was entirely read dependent, not to say it wasn't flawed ... I may make too many of these close reads.

I was about 90% certain that seat 5 pushed over my $35 raise with AK or AQ, due largely to the manner he did it.

I was about 80% sure that Seat 7 had either a low pocket pair, or AK/AQ/KQ based on his reaction. He took for ever then did the "gambler knee jerk" where he decides to just "take a shot". This was all just enough information to put them on a narrow range, and getting about 3.5 to 1 from the pot at that point, I called.

On the other hand, I may play too loose at times... lol

AB
Old 11-01-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not the guy you're thinking of above. I usually on the quiet side for most sessions but I'll be chatty at times, depending on my mood and who I'm with. I'm always quiet when in a hand; I'd make terrible TV.

I've been going to the Bike about once or twice a week, the floor would be able to pick me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been cutting back on my B&M play because I got involved in a really juicy home game at the end of August. We play once a week on Saturday nights, usually starts at 7pm and ends after 3 am. I'm making more money in this game than I do at the bike so I figure it's got to be a sign of good things. It can get really wild. $100 buy in with 2/3 blinds. NLHE. Usually 5 or 6 players. By the end of the night there's almost always more than $3000 in (and no, I do not have a stop loss on this game LOL) and one night there was $7800. I've posted about it a few times in Home Poker.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been cutting back on my B&M play because I got involved in a really juicy home game at the end of August. We play once a week on Saturday nights, usually starts at 7pm and ends after 3 am. I'm making more money in this game than I do at the bike so I figure it's got to be a sign of good things. It can get really wild. $100 buy in with 2/3 blinds. NLHE. Usually 5 or 6 players. By the end of the night there's almost always more than $3000 in (and no, I do not have a stop loss on this game LOL) and one night there was $7800. I've posted about it a few times in Home Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only "home games" I get invited to feature guys like Gabe, mike l., Deathdonkey, Clarkmeister, JustinA, Michael Davis, AndyFox, and people even smarter. I'm the token idiot.

I need to figure out how to get invited to your type of home game.

~ Rick