Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Lee Jones just popped up on my table!

How are you a mod with such terrible grammar lol
Old 10-05-2006, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Great. A chance to find out his stance and you froze!

[/ QUOTE ]

I surmise Lee and the Pokerstars team fully intend to eliminate their business relationship with American customers. However, they are smartly trying to minimize pre-mature withdrawls by creating an appearance of ambivalence for allowing American players.

When Lee made his statement he first made an argument (which was convincing) regarding the safety of our funds. You know, the rhetoric about money being held in segregated accounts at the Royal Bank of Scotland (or whatever it is called). After bolstering his case that our money is safe he remained vague and non-commital.

Regardless of which way Pokerstars ultimately proceeds, it would be financially stupid for them to tell you they would ban Americans immediately after the president signs the bill into law. Just keeping Americans playing for a couple days brings in millions of dollars.

And of course, they won't ruin their credibility with Europeans, Canadians and Asian players when they ultimately plan to dispense of American players. Their credibility will remain intact and they will look even better by implementing a fair and orderly process for refunding deposits. If they gave a definitive date they also might have to worry about a run on the bank. By warning players in advance of this contingency, players will likely be more accepting of cashout delays. Furthermore, stalling might give them extra time to concoct efficient processes for their transition.

Of course, all this is speculation. I just fail to see what benefit would be derived by telling the majority or their players they intend to close shop. By delaying they continue to realize millions in profits and are given breathing room as they transition to a business without Americans. If there was a very realistic chance they would keep Americans on board they likely would have proceeded much differently. At the very least, if neutral, they likely would have told us they would offer poker until it was no longer a realistic option.

JeffreyREBY
Old 10-05-2006, 09:38 PM

I could have sworn when I first noticed this thread that it said "Lee Jones just pooped on my table." Glad to hear that wasn't the case.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:20 AM

should have coaxed him into saying "lol donkaments"
Old 10-06-2006, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lee Jones(Observer): LAST HAND

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
excellent