Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Badly played Tourny Win - HH

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I need someone to hit me over the head with half of these assenine plays. I do appreicate your time, but don't be so soft on me. (i'm starting to sound like Nez)

[/ QUOTE ]

Paging 0evg0, paging 0evg0...

In any case, look there were a few hands that made me vomit in my mouth in a little, but plenty of good ones too. But you know you're capable of better than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read something in Rizen's blog one time where he mentioned getting over the hump when you know something is the wrong play, but you still make it anyway. I'm not sure if it's boredom or misapplied reads or just lack of discipline, but I know how to play. Why can't I just do that? (insert whiny violin music here) I have nights where none of this crap goes on and others where I slide into midgame and still others where I begin with garbage play. I'm thinking much of this is due to the fact that I will run 6 tables at a time and would be better off focusing on maybe TWO.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:25 PM

Ok so,

Hand 43: Don't limp here.

Hand 47: Bet flop.

Hand 49: Do you have a system for preflop raise amounts, or do you just wing it?

Hand 51: I would raise or limp here.

Hand 84: This is probably at least a call, maybe a push (although I'm not positive of stack sizes).

Hand 99: OMG stop. 4xBB + = strength. Listen to Adanthar.

Hand 101: wtf? just raise.

Hand 117: Fold to the reraise preflop. wtf kinda flop are you hoping for? (btw im working on my mean guy tone here)

Hand 127: Stop doing this damnit.

Hand 143: zomg push.

Hand 158: this is probably the worst hand yet.

Hand 171: wtfzanzabar. raise.

Hand 172: omg raise!?

Hand 174: ew fold preflop. what kinda flop are you looking for.

Hand 217: raise dummy.

Hand 223: ffs, raise.

Hand 228: quit making stupid zerg overbets with your draws. its ok to call if your stack isnt right to push.

Hand 231: RAISE DAMNIT

Hand 242: RAISE DAMNIT

Hand 246: PUSH DAMNIT (although folding isnt terrible if the guy has been tight)

Hand 266: I just threw up on the wall.

Hand 276: I'm not sure how many people are the table but this is probably a raise.

Hand 278: RAISE DAMNIT

Hand 292: STOP DOING THIS HYACHAHCHA

Hand 303: WTF RAISE

Hand 317: RAISE YOU PANSY

Hand 340: OMG LOL. OVERBET FLOP UNDERBET TURN SEVERE UNDERBET RIVER. WHEN IS YOUR BOOK COMING OUT?

Hand 371: NICE OVERBET WTF!

Hand 380: THIS TURN CALL IS GODAWFUL.

Hand 381: YOUR FLOP BET SUCKS.

Hand 395: akfhgajfslkjaslg;kjagaf STOP IT

I don't even wanna look at heads up.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:31 PM

LAGOWNED

Old 07-18-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I need someone to hit me over the head with half of these assenine plays. I do appreicate your time, but don't be so soft on me. (i'm starting to sound like Nez)

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING??????? [censored] YOU AND YOUR PANSY ASS POST!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to give these a serious look tonight rockin. In the meantime, I'm in a glass case of emotion.

Brad
Old 07-18-2006, 05:01 PM

Thank you, that's much better. I agree with at least 80% of what you stated. I do tend to try to limit the # of confrontations and not raise every single time I'm folded to with high cards. I think it's probably because I tend to get in trouble postflop because in these micro's your raises are called like 70% of the time, and it sucks being OOP from MP3 etc... I guess I need to work on the preflop agrression.

The one AKo overbet shove with about 50bb's, I think it was bathroom break and I saw AKo and shoved and bolted for the bathroom, that's all I can think of. I really don't mind not getting involved in too many hands, but I think I could have added at least 10% to the amount of hands I played. You also asked if I had a system for preflop raises (as this was early in the tourny and i'm not push/fold). I almost always have a standard raise, I think this one case was misclick with the slider, it's hard to say. Also, you mentioned Adanthar's big raise means strength and trust me it doesn't apply in these micro's. It might mean they are stronger than the garbage I have, but it also means that they do not want a call, especially with this particular guy who was making 15bb shorty allin calls with A7o and sucking out by hitting trip 7's to beat KK or flushing with 44 to beat QQ. He built his stack through horrible calls and his raises were a huge tell. I definitely was playing based on my reads there. If he had a pair higher than my 95s, he's not raising so much, so that looked like a good re-steal opportunity with live cards. It just so happened that it was a horrible play that got extremely lucky. The big stack raiser was pretty much feeling invincible at this point because he was knocking people out left and right with garbage. That was the reason for the 95s resteal.

Anyway, thanks for the reaming. Continue to ream, it is helping me, seriously.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING??????? [censored] YOU AND YOUR PANSY ASS POST!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to give these a serious look tonight rockin. In the meantime, I'm in a glass case of emotion.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, your a basket case what?

I was referring to your hands your posted yesterday when you said everyone was too easy on you.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The big stack raiser was pretty much feeling invincible at this point because he was knocking people out left and right with garbage. That was the reason for the 95s resteal.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you wanted to try and make him feel vulnerable by ... pushing into a guy who was feeling like freaking Superman and didn't think he could possibly lose with crap cards? Yeah, real smart, rockin. You suck.

(Better? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 07-18-2006, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The big stack raiser was pretty much feeling invincible at this point because he was knocking people out left and right with garbage. That was the reason for the 95s resteal.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you wanted to try and make him feel vulnerable by ... pushing into a guy who was feeling like freaking Superman and didn't think he could possibly lose with crap cards? Yeah, real smart, rockin. You suck.

(Better? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, better.

Not sure if I was trying to take him down a peg or actually thought I might be able to get him to fold. Well, anyhow I knew my hand would play well against the range he was doing this with, time to win a showdown. I should've folded obviously.