Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 02:33 AM

Default Re: \"ZOMG I\"M DRRNUK!!!\"

I'm pretty DRRNUK; I just finished up several games of Beer Pong (using only the classiest of beers, Busch Light) and it appears that the altitude (Los Angeles ---> Colorado at 7,000 feet) has had more of an effect than I anticipated.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:30 PM

Daniel's is helpingm e!
Old 06-23-2006, 12:51 PM

Edge,

You still alive there, bro?
Old 06-23-2006, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edge,

You still alive there, bro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow. While these last few days have absolutely SUCKED, these last few nights have been pleasantly drunken. Last night was a little different because I had to drive downtown to meet up with my friends, but a good nightcap when I got home and I slept until about 1 this afternoon. 3 nights into the drinking streak and still Friday and Saturday to go. Headed to the liquor store pretty soon to see what they've got in the way of "help me forget the ho" medicine. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2006, 04:00 PM

All,

I double checked the price of Fris yesterday while picking up some brandy, wine and gin. $21/handle, $16/L, $12/fifth.

Edge,

I forgot to mention, actually, that my preferred break up drink isn't actually bourbon. At the time, I was just too drunk to remember my traditional drink. I usually go for a bitter, herbal liqueur when things go south, specifically Chartreuse. Nothing like a strong, bitter, green drink for a guy who's bitter, green w/ envy, and needs something strong. I like it in either the Drink without a Name, (2 oz vodka, 1/4 oz Cointreau, dash of Chartreuse, stirred w/ ice and strained) or an Emerald Martini (1.5 oz gin, 0.5 oz dry vermouth, dash of Chartreuse, again stirred w/ ice and strained). If you're feeling rather adventurous in your drinking, look it up. Bourbon, however, is a good second choice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Also, I think all men should be banned from drinking Amaretto during a break up -- it sounds too much like "amore."
Old 06-23-2006, 11:02 PM

Company BBQ for my group. Drinking at 3 pm on Friday. Good times.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot to mention, actually, that my preferred break up drink isn't actually bourbon. At the time, I was just too drunk to remember my traditional drink. I usually go for a bitter, herbal liqueur when things go south, specifically Chartreuse. Nothing like a strong, bitter, green drink for a guy who's bitter, green w/ envy, and needs something strong. I like it in either the Drink without a Name, (2 oz vodka, 1/4 oz Cointreau, dash of Chartreuse, stirred w/ ice and strained) or an Emerald Martini (1.5 oz gin, 0.5 oz dry vermouth, dash of Chartreuse, again stirred w/ ice and strained). If you're feeling rather adventurous in your drinking, look it up. Bourbon, however, is a good second choice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Chartreuse is a little sweet for the obligatory angry-drunk that'd go with this sort of breakup, at least for my tastes. One way or another, I think I'd end up with whiskey. While I generally go for something else, Jack Daniels seems like a good option here - there's something sort of cathartic about swigging it from a 1.75.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chartreuse is a little sweet for the obligatory angry-drunk that'd go with this sort of breakup, at least for my tastes. One way or another, I think I'd end up with whiskey. While I generally go for something else, Jack Daniels seems like a good option here - there's something sort of cathartic about swigging it from a 1.75.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack Daniels good. Jameson 12-year tonight very VERY good. I have some very good friends. Tuesday and Wednesday I was absolutely demolished, Thursday drunk, but not as bad, tonight a lot less drunk but surprisingly less angry because, hey, who's angry drinking free Jameson?

Tomorrow night, Saturday night downtown with a distinct possibility of running into the ho, I'll not only be pregaming with Jack, but the bars will make plenty off of me all night.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:54 PM

So, did you survive the weekend, just need some treatment for minor cirrhosis, or am I going to have to change your title to In Memoriam.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:49 AM

hughhglglhghgh.