Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-30-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Burn in hell for vbetting to thin with my nut flush?

Again, sort of new to omaha. No History with Villain, besides him sitting on one of my other tables.

1. How bad\decent is my semibluff on the turn?
I planned on bluffing scare-straight cards on the river. (only with 1 caller and depending on his position)
2. Ok so on the river we prolly have a typical plo situation...nutflush, but paired board.
So i made a vbet to get paid off by a weaker flush\other weird hand. I just see people calling much, therefore i bet^^.
How often do i get looked up by worse?
I have a problem with his raise and i really wanted to call here, since i thought he would bet his sets on the flop (notice: he was the BT).
In addition to that, i dont know if he is retarded enough to raise a worse hand for value.

I ended up folding, mainly because i didnt think he was bluffing. Its still a weird hand and bugging me a bit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $174.50
UTG+1: $52.15
CO: $20
Button: $46.95
SB: $71.60
Hero: $63.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.75, 5 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2.75, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, 3 folds, Button calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($8.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $26</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $20 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $20.75
Old 11-30-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Burn in hell for vbetting to thin with my nut flush?

1. It's not the worst move in the world but it's not great. It looks like a missed checkraise on the flop, but it's an unraised pot and there really isn't enough worth fighting for, and you have so little.
2. Bet-fold is fine, your bet is essentially a blocking bet. You get looked up by worse when they have worse, usually the jack-flush, sometimes the ten-flush, rarely worse.
3. There aren't many people willing to bluffraise the river. At this level, I'd hazard a guess at &lt; 5%. It does look like a thin valueraise with a low boat here, hoping you might call with a flush.
4. He doesn't have to bet any sets on the flop or raise on the turn - there's a made straight out there and he'd probably play it slow. This gives more credence to the possibility of an overfull which he should certainly raise on the river as you're more likely to have 3s full and call.
5. I can't imagine anyone raising worse on the river for value. If they are raising the K-flush, they've turned their hand into a bluff against your range whether they know it or not.
6. Please remember that the dynamics of raised vs unraised pots are fairly different, especially when considering play from the blinds.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Burn in hell for vbetting to thin with my nut flush?

I probably wouldn't bluff the turn against all those guys. I think the river is good, it's definitely possible he checked a set on the flop. I expect an unknown to play straightforward/bad and not ever really bluff raise the river here.