Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $28.70
Hero (SB): $24.25
BB: $10.05
UTG: $32.15
MP: $9.10
CO: $22.90

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $1, Hero calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($4) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.75</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $2.75, BB folds

Turn: ($9.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5

River: ($19.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $10</font>

Villan is a 26/22/3 over 79 hands. My question concerning his range is do villan ever do this with KQ (fire all three bullets into 4 ppl)? Because if I include KQ into his range then this is a call...

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 40.741% 29.63% 11.11% 8 3.00 { AsQc }
Hand 1: 59.259% 48.15% 11.11% 13 3.00 { QQ+, TT, AQs, KQs, AQo, KQo }

But with out it, its a fold

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 15.789% 00.00% 15.79% 0 3.00 { AsQc }
Hand 1: 84.211% 68.42% 15.79% 13 3.00 { QQ+, TT, AQs, AQo }

Also, does anyone play this hand differently and why?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: 25NL range query

I would squize preflop
i think ur should reraise flop and lead turn. Why? its simple ur hand is rather pretty.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:16 AM

3-bet preflop for sure. Then plan to stack off when you hit TPTK.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:00 AM

3bet PF. And you really have to lead the flop. Villain will not necessarily cbet against 3 opponents and if the flop is checked through it's a disaster for you.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet preflop for sure. Then plan to stack off when you hit TPTK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi all

Thats the second thread with a suggested AQ 3 - bet pre flop??

Is 3-betting AQ pre flop somehting that should be done a lot?

Also when you say be prepared to stack off when hitting TPTK do you mean be willing to get all chips in on that flop with only TPTK?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2007, 10:59 AM

I'm not a big fan of 3betting this PF due to position. On the button I would 3bet but not in 1st position.

On the flop either lead, or check raise. Check calling doesn't really give us much feel of where we are at in the hand.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a big fan of 3betting this PF due to position. On the button I would 3bet but not in 1st position.

On the flop either lead, or check raise. Check calling doesn't really give us much feel of where we are at in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I would say the exact opposite. I like a 3-bet OOP 1st as a squeeze and secondly to give us an idea of where we stand post-flop. I'm going to have a lot easier time laying this down later on if my 3-bet gets called and it's an extremely wet flop. I'm also going to be able to get away from this hand if I get 4-bet pf.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For me I 3bet this preflop because I'm in such a crappy position. What I mean is that I don't want my opponents seeing the flop with anything less than premium holdings, the ideal result is that you take it down preflop, and that would be my intention when I raise. This a good spot to be raising because you are showing a lot of strength, and if you are called (or less likely reraised), then you have a good idea where you are in the hand (probably behind), and can proceed on the flop with a lot more information than if you play it like the OP.

To the OP, you are playing this hand far to passively. Personally I am reraising preflop, and definetely leading the flop, for information more than anything. Calling gives you nothing. Raising puts your opponents hand to the test, you are asking him how strong he really is, how far he's willing to go with his hand. You are showing strength, discouraging him from leading the turn and river - situations which may lead to you folding the best hand.

EDIT** Realise my post repeating what original says in his, he posted as I was typing my reply.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:19 AM

I think you can make a case for 3-betting or calling this preflop. But you definitely need to lead the flop once you hit your Q. The way you've played it, he can easily put you on JJ, AT, KT, KJ, etc, and that makes it a lot harder to get an idea of what he has when he keeps on betting.

I do think that KQ is in his range, and might be more likely given his weakish bet sizing. I would therefore call the river as played, but you really make things much easier for yourself if you lead the flop and turn (as long as you don't get raised.)
Old 11-23-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I would say the exact opposite. I like a 3-bet OOP 1st as a squeeze and secondly to give us an idea of where we stand post-flop. I'm going to have a lot easier time laying this down later on if my 3-bet gets called and it's an extremely wet flop. I'm also going to be able to get away from this hand if I get 4-bet pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. AQo oop does not play all that good. IP it's a fair bit better. I sometimes I 3Bet ip as well here with one caller, but oop I'm doing it way more regularly. I'm going to go one step ahead and say folding is better than clling in this spots.
And against a player with his stats it's more a 3bet than a fold to me.

At this case: I bet the flop here. Villain is going to check more often 3way than HU, so I don't want to give the opportunity of a freecard.
On the river I'm kind of upset. His line bets look weak. But so is our line. Hard to figure out but I think a competen villain would bet a tad more with QQ/TT unless he might have a read on you that says that you are attacking weakness frequently.
But on the other hand he is still firing 3 barrels, which is super strong. Argh spot, but in the heat of the night i'm prolly going to call. And prolly berate myself afterwards.
I also thought about blocking this river to prevent him from bluffing and to prevent a spot like this, but that would prolly require a read that he is able/likely to 3barrrel worse.
I know, much "prollys" but I'm def unsure.