Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 10:51 AM

Default $25nl Can I semibluff the turn after checking the flop here?

I am trying to make the move from full ring to short handed. I am not use to being called down so much though. How bad did I do on this one?

Button is 38/11.5/1.5 over 25 hands

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $14.45
UTG: $2.25
Hero (CO): $53.80
BTN: $20.80
SB: $5.45

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2.25 and is All-In</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, BTN calls $5, 2 folds

Flop: ($12.60) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($12.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, BTN calls $6

River: ($24.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Preflop I raise to isolate the all-in player, but the button calls.

Flop I completely miss and I am out of position so I check, I really don't know what he has here and I don't want him to blow me off this hand. Luckily he checks behind as well.

Turn gives me a gutshot + flush draw + 2 overs. I semi-bluff here but he calls again. Can I really expect him to fold here after I check the flop? Should I have bet more?

River I wiff and give up, I figure if he has a hand like an overpair I am not getting him to fold now anyway.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: $25nl Can I semibluff the turn after checking the flop here?

Your bet seems very weakish and I doubt him to fold an overpair here, which prolly is a the main part of his range here and the only part that beats you. I doubt he would do it for a higher bet, so yout bet might be good to set you a nice price for you draw and his AF does not make it likely for him to push you of your draw.
Vice Versa I doubt he's going to second barrel you, if he bluffs the turn, so I might just c/c the turn and c/f the river, if I miss, and bet if I hit. If the flush comes, I would like it more to c/r against an aggressive player, against this player I think a bet is better, to make sure he's not going to check behind with a mid overpair.

But of course the samplesize does not make it sure, that his real AF is that low.

/edit: Miss the stack sizes, which make c/c, c/f a pretty bad line. Pusht I still don't think we are going to fold much overpairs, on the other hand it prolly is enough to fold out out live drawing hands like QJ or so, in order to higher our equity against UTG, whom we should have beat a good percentage of the time.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:13 AM

You need to make the isolation raise larger. As played I don't mind a c/f on this flop. His range probably consists of pairs he isn't folding on that flop and you'll be committed to calling a shove.

On the turn I think I just shove.. It is an overbet but he has like 16$ behind and we have a boatload of outs if he doesn't have a set. Another option would be to crai but that will be committing him to calling us. Just shove it.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:15 AM

I would bet more on the turn - around $10.

I'm shutting down on the river.