Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

[ QUOTE ]
I've got nothing against the Pack, esp. since they won't meet the Seahawks this season. I like to see Favre do well after all these years, and the Holmgren connection comes into play, too. If we meet in the playoffs, though, it's on! I thought there was a chance you'd be a Seahawks fan since I know for a fact some Montanans consider the Seahawks their "home" team, since the Vikes and the Broncos aren't much closer, but the Cowboys, Packers, and Bears have a significant following wherever you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was born in WI, all my family was originally from WI and I lived there from about 1980 to 1999. Pretty hard not to be a Packer backer with all that history.

Yep, there are a lot of Seahawk fans here but I would say the Broncos are the regions #1 team. I was really surprised to see how many packer fans there are out here. Actually I was surprised to learn how many packer fans there are outside of Wisconsin period. One of the most fun times I ever had watching a Packer game was in Orlando FL while we were down there on vacation. Found a "Packer Bar" down there and it was a roaring good time!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:21 PM

Yeah, I'm not surprised that there are a lot of Bronco fans there. Historically, they've been a much better team to cheer for than the Seahawks.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With Edyta gone, which of the remaining women are you hoping to see again in the final? Marie is the obvious one to want gone, or does her MILF factor and incredible shrinking waistline give her an edge over Mel, Jennie, or Julianne in your eyes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, After Edyta it just doesn't matter. Mel or Jennie, no way. Julianne = Cute. Marie, I can't figure out if she would be particularly wild or just a wet fish, so to speak.

I suspect you are correct that we will be watching Mel and the race car driver (whatever his name is). Not sure, are there three for the finals or is it a heads up competition??? I think Marie would logically be the next to go cause Jennie was pretty hot in that Cha Cha last night. (That was Cha Cha, right).

God, I can't believe I am talking about this. I may need to go find a football game to watch tonight or go split wood or something. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean. I may need to go open a can of tuna.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, No Really I am actually Laughing out Loud!!! Thank Goodness I wasn't in the middle of eating my leftover Elk Steaks and real smashed potatoes. I might have choked to death! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 01:04 AM

Well, no big shock on DwtS tonight. Averil was pretty weak, but the Lord of the Dance guy was pretty awesome. Marc and Sabrina were great, although their dance was a little melodramatic for me. I'm still sad to see her go, but, man, I'm not sure if I could boot Helio or Mel in her favor given how they've been dancing. I'd like to boot Marie for Sabrina, but Marie is untouchable before the final w/ her fan base. There's no doubt that Sabrina was a great dancer, but I couldn't help but feel she was a bit of a ringer, having had bona fide performance dance experience. So did Mel, really, but by starting out at a lower level, I was more inclined to root for her due to her improvement. Heh. I just checked Wikipedia about this show, and apparently it's confirmed that Sabrina and Marc are dating.

I suppose my current favorite is Helio, but that could change with the freestyle. That's usually the dance that really sets the winner apart. I'm also excited to see which dance the judges pick for the dancers to dance. Is that new this season? I don't recall. Let's see. What would I pick for the dancers...

Mel: If I want to see her shine, I'd give her tango or samba, since she did paso yesterday. If I want to test her and see what she's made of, I'd give her waltz, and hopefully a very slow one. Her ballroom has been her weaker side, and if she's the real deal, she'll be able to wow us with something slow and elegant and not just energetic and dramatic.

Marie: If I want to see her shine, I'd give her foxtrot. Her ballroom has been better than her standard, and foxtrot gives her plenty of room for character. If I want to break her, I'd give her rumba or samba. She bombed her samba earlier, and rumba is just a tough dance for her in general.

Helio: If I want to see him shine, I'd give him samba. He was robbed with his earlier samba, and he should be able to bring it with another shot at it. If I want to give him a work out, I'd have him do rumba or maybe tango. He bombed his earlier rumba, and while the judges were hard on him, if he deserves to win, he should be able to come up with a winning rumba.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:40 AM

I caught about 5 minutes of DWTS last night during commercial breaks for Dirty Jobs and when I told my wife all the important stuff that happened she thought I had seen the whole thing. I also agree that the lord of the dance thing was fun to watch. My 11 YO Boy actually liked that part too.

Can't believe I am commenting on this again but I did open a can of tuna for sandwiches for lunch this morning so I still feel OK with my manhood! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I caught about 5 minutes of DWTS last night during commercial breaks for Dirty Jobs and when I told my wife all the important stuff that happened she thought I had seen the whole thing. I also agree that the lord of the dance thing was fun to watch. My 11 YO Boy actually liked that part too.

Can't believe I am commenting on this again but I did open a can of tuna for sandwiches for lunch this morning so I still feel OK with my manhood! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to stalk the can of tuna. just opening it does not cut it.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to stalk the can of tuna. just opening it does not cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, now I am girly again.
That's it I am going hunting!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:16 PM

I just watched Super Size Me. God that was pretty gross. I didn't realize you could ruin your liver with fat. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Disgusting. That guy is nuts.

Now I'm watching Brothers & Sisters. This is such a great show! Hope you guys are watching it tonight.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Now I'm watching Brothers & Sisters. This is such a great show! Hope you guys are watching it tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched it for the first time last night (with my Mom!) Not bad...kind of soap opera-like...phenomenal cast, though. How the heck do they pay them all???

Oh, an ou'd think there'd be ONE average-looking sibling, you know? No, they're all beautiful. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 11:54 AM

I am becoming rapidly addicted to Top Gear as it is on every evening on a new channel at 7pm, and my son watches it.

I am convinced this is the greatest program currently in production in the world, brought to you by the BBC.

I saw a new one the other night, were 4 guys had to cross London at rush hour, one each using:
1) Bicycle
2) Speedboat down the Thames
3) Car
4) Public transport

The bike won, but the Speedboat commute was about the coolest thing I've seen on TV.

Any other Top Gear watchers out there? It must be on BBC America, surely?

(If you've never seen or heard of it, it's meant to be a car review show, but it is so, so, so much more.)