Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-10-2007, 10:12 PM

Default bad day of cards --causes a bad day in general

this morning i woke up and played some cards really early. I took a lot of bad beats and lost some money after a mad house of a flop off 322 and i have 33 in the hole and the guy caught the case quad. Now I know we all have bad beats. this post is that the rest of my day with my wife and kids i was just mad and unhappy. I am wondering does this happen to any of u does your sessions affect your overall feeling during the day even though you know in the long run you r going to win. does it affect your day?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: bad day of cards --causes a bad day in general

Does it affect my day? The short answer, yes.

My wife has figured out how to deal with my losing sessions pretty well (she always asks how I did) since I tend to be grumpy and a little pissy when I lose (lose at ANYthing). I try hard not to let it affect me but I tend to dwell on the sort of hand you describe (ouch BTW, that sucks). Generally I've learned to crush the dickish tendencies down and fake it until the anger goes away for real.

Heck, I still can't get a hand out of my head that I CORRECTLY folded preflop where I would have flopped quads (A8s, board is 888Kx) and the other two guys had AA and KK.

To get my mind off of poker I just try to take pleasure in my daughter's cheerful giggling sweet personality and my wife's upbeat attitude (she's the math person who understands variance a lot more than I do). Usually I get to pick a consolation prize (going out to dinner, a desert of my choice, occasional sexual favors [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], something like that ).

But it works both ways so I have to buy my wife something nice on a really good day or console her when an article gets rejected or something.

Laying a really horrendous beat on someone else later helps a bit too since the poker gods owe you one right? Right?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:30 AM

I once had a day where I took a fullhouse beat to a straight flush river river. Damn that day sucked because I had an organic chem test.

I ended up flipping out at my girlfriend at the end of the day. Luckily she can tell when I've had a good or bad day at the tables based on my mood and does a fairly decent job at evening out my frustration. She takes a self defense class at school so she needs someone to practice on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She takes a self defense class at school so she needs someone to practice on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I've never had my ass beat as bad as when I was forced to spar against the women in a Tae Kwon Do class I took way back when. Pads only go so far, they always went for the groin (by accident, right...), and whadda my supposed to do, hit a girl?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-11-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I ******* HATE THIS SUf [censored] GAME OMFG I HAVE NOT SLEPT YET [censored] BEAT AFTER BEAT AFTER [censored] BEAT OMFG I CANT EVEN BEAT 2 $ SIT AND GOES OMFG YEAH I CANT JEUSS [censored] HRIST IM RUNNING SO FUKIN BA DOIMFG OMFG UNREAL UN (*** [censored] REAL YO CHRIST ! Im going to work as a poker dealer for a long time and all my *** pay checks going on FTP and I swear I better not be taking this [censored] BS ***** bad run I promise u I bett NOT Jeuus CHirst IM so PIssed uou have no ides OWOW WOW

[/ QUOTE ]

worst gimmick account ever.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:38 AM

No matter how hard i tell myself that it shouldnt affect me, it still does.. and for me the only remedy for it is to either put a sick beat on someone or get back to even. Another thing that helps is submerging myself into something that would make me forget about poker and beats and whatever else i was doing previously and to have fun. When you are having fun, whatever it is you may be doing (playing dota with friends or going out somewhere) the bad feelings just go away..
Old 11-11-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I ******* HATE THIS SUf [censored] GAME OMFG I HAVE NOT SLEPT YET [censored] BEAT AFTER BEAT AFTER [censored] BEAT OMFG I CANT EVEN BEAT 2 $ SIT AND GOES OMFG YEAH I CANT JEUSS [censored] HRIST IM RUNNING SO FUKIN BA DOIMFG OMFG UNREAL UN (*** [censored] REAL YO CHRIST ! Im going to work as a poker dealer for a long time and all my *** pay checks going on FTP and I swear I better not be taking this [censored] BS ***** bad run I promise u I bett NOT Jeuus CHirst IM so PIssed uou have no ides OWOW WOW

[/ QUOTE ]

worst gimmick account ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

lilholdem?