Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:24 AM

Default Re: An “Only in LA” Story - The Dealer Stall and the $1 pot!

[ QUOTE ]
Since Jan 1989 (or 1990) there is no place in California where can the drop be based on pot size or a percentage of pot size; that's clearly illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrote the above in a rush I guess. Should read as follows:

"Since Jan 1989 (or 1990) there is no place in California where the drop can be based on pot size or a percentage of pot size; that's clearly illegal."

I had to fix this or I wouldn't get to sleep tonight. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 11-09-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is why i play at oceans 11 in oceanside.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are they doing in terms of improved collection at Ocean's 11 other than "no flop, no drop"? For example, did they put in a qualifier of some sort before taking a full drop? Or perhaps push back the full drop to called bets postflop?

~ Rick
Old 11-09-2007, 12:40 PM

Getting old sucks.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you need help refreshing your memory check out page 3 of this thread.....lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least Andy improved his story as he ages! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 11-09-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A possible solution that i would like to see is to changed all of the "mid-high" stake games to time charge. Like at Commerce, to include all the games in the ballroom to a time charge instead of rake. Not just the 60/120, but the 20-40, 30-60 (stud), 40-80. Maybe even the 5/10 NL in the main room.

[/ QUOTE ]

The owners hate time charge, especially when they see the lengths players went to avoid it. Randy is also right regarding the revenue neutral aspects.

Great time charge avoidance antics were hilariously described in some old rec.gambling.poker threads by Speed Racer (or Speed Racer under another alias). I'd post a link if I wasn't so tired.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever happened to Speedy? Does he still play? Does he post on any boards? Some of his card room analyses and trip reports were among the most insightful poker stuff I've read on the internets.

If you ever run into him, tell him I still can't figure out how to get ink in a California card room...
Old 11-09-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever happened to Speedy? Does he still play? Does he post on any boards? Some of his card room analyses and trip reports were among the most insightful poker stuff I've read on the internets.

If you ever run into him, tell him I still can't figure out how to get ink in a California card room...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ran into him a few weeks ago and got a chance to chat a bit. He isn't posting as far as I can tell but from a previous conversation he became tired of the laser rile scope trained on his head almost every time he entered a card room - little thanks for perhaps $100K of top level management consultant level advice.

He plays and destroys the mid limit games with a tricky laggy style of course.

BTW, "ink in a California card room" is a phrase I'm simply not familiar with. Does it have anything to do with Chip Hoes?

~ Rick