Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: all in luck calculator

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter, stinkypete. People who know what they're doing will use the all-in-before-river checkbox thingy when that is appropriate

[/ QUOTE ]

when is that appropriate? if that still does what it used to do, i can't think of any use for that option.

[ QUOTE ]
Putting the option in the interface instead of a config file would only be useful if people wanted to look at both ways of computing all-in luck and quickly switch between them. Maybe you'd want to do that out of curiosity a couple of times. But for practical purposes you'd rarely want to see both.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, but i don't see why anyone would want to use phil's method over the whole pot method as a default.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Re: all in luck calculator

[ QUOTE ]
when is that appropriate? if that still does what it used to do, i can't think of any use for that option.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd use the all-in-before-river checkbox thingy for checking single sessions, just to see if my perception of hot/cold for the session in big pots was accurate. If it disagrees with my perception, then I might find it was due to being way behind on early streets, reversing it, then get re-reversed - stuff like that. Also, if I were evaluating my performance over a time frame and considering moving up, I might not just look at the Luck Graphs tab, I might want to make sure that the all-in-before-river checkbox didn't disagree with it by too much, otherwise investigate the trouble. Gotta have the full pot amount for the Luck Graphs tab though. I wouldn't ever use the last-bet-street-only method for Luck Graphs; it's always inferior to one of the other two readings.