Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 06:10 PM

Default 3/6 HU : 2pair on monotone board. Step by step.

Hi, had some tough spots in the last days with decent made (half monster) hands on monotone boards.
Just interested which one's the best line to take here to max value.

No special history between me and Villain. I took 2Buyins. He raised like pretty much every Button, i 3bet with J7s, i bet on a 7 high flop, he shoves, i call his KTo didnt hit.
A few hands later i got JJ, he repops my open, i call. Flop is K22 two spades. I c/c flop and snapcall his push on a Ten spade turn (had the Js fwiw). Well, he prolly views me as a station by now...
Edit: Fwiw, he had AQ, no spade and hit his gutshot on the river *lol*

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($662.50)
Hero ($2384)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $12.

Flop: ($36) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

1) C/c guess thats to trappy and i am not charging heart draws

2) lead...he might raise me light, but on the other side he might as well give up and then i miss the $ from a cbet, cuz he almost always did cbet.

3) c/r....dunno what to think about that. I mean, if a heart comes, then i gotta c/f most turns ooP. On the other side i charge him, if he draws to a heart. What if he 3bets the flop, should i be willing to get it in vs his range or call and get it in on most non heart turns?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: 3/6 HU : 2pair on monotone board. Step by step.

What did he have in the second hand where you had JJ? I'm uncertain of what is best in situations like this.... I would love to hear what others have to say.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:27 PM

Any idea on how he reacts to donk bets? Given that he seems very aggro/spewy, I like a bet/3bet here.

Although he might fold to your lead, and you miss out on money from a c/r, he may also raise your lead /w air and you gain even more money.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:37 PM

Colombo, if i b/3bet and get shoved on, i obv call, but is that really what i want? Woudnt donk-call down be a better line? If we 3bet, we almost overrep our hand imo and he/ll get away from many hands.