Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Sick slow call, slow roll story (very lightly embellished)

[ QUOTE ]
well rick you did it again. dont show your hand until its your turn or he has verbally said what he has. solves alot of issues. it is pathetic what he did though and you will get even when he plays one day and asks for a ruling and you walk up.

[/ QUOTE ]
This happened about three months ago; it took me a while to get in the mood to write the story. I'll never "get even" since he had said (during our earlier friendly chat) that he lives in another state and was on his way to catch a flight home later that evening.

Maybe I'm a soft touch but I still think it's right to show first (when you don't have to) when a weak opponent has made pathetic calls or bets earlier in the hand (and you have some idea what he holds anyway) and you want to avoid embarrassing him during the showdown. And his bets and calls were pathetic, both before and on the flop (and later of course in terms of slowcalling the nuts).

But if I ever get to play a hard core guy like you or your buddy who's "just a sucker" you can bet we'll follow the showdown procedures. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
covering you face sure will hide a tell if you have one, but i have played in alot of places where if you did that you got outdrawn more often on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good tip. I guess in those Montana saloons a dealer who doesn't like you could easily slip you a bad beat if you aren't watching.

~ Rick

PS I'm not working the floor anymore but if I do again I'd even give the lady player who's name rhymes with "virus" a fair ruling.