Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 07-08-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: pretty standard spot, bellagio 2/4

[ QUOTE ]
while he probably thinks i'm a little weak . . . he's probably not bluffing if i check . . . if i bet he may bluff raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet turn and never fold. I'm comfortable putting in 3 bb on the big streets against player described.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what I would do
Old 07-08-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
opponent is guy who's been opening a ton of pots and cold-calling up to 3-bets often against players he wants to play pots against. he thinks he is the best player in the game and may be correct but even he isn't good enough to make KTo from the SB for 3-bets profitable. he opens in the hijack.

the guy plays well postflop and is hitting a lot of hands. he has been opening my big blind almost every time it's been folded to him (at least 4/5 times) and it's pretty clear he thinks i'm weak-tight or straightforward and that's probably because he hasn't seen me in black chip games before and thinks i'm taking a shot. i'm in the game because its ridiculously good and i like GAMBOL.

i 3-town T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the big blind. LAG calls.

flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. i bet and LAG calls.

what's my plan for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet fold turn, check call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Emerson - read the OP's read on Villain here. Why on earth would you want to do anything that involves folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, a bit hasty on my part. I agree with DD that you can't give free cards with a hand like TT or JJ. I would only fold if broadways fell on turn and river and the guy bet both streets.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 PM

Online 100/200, I would check often in this spot. They never ever take free card and will often peel the flop with 77-99/KQ type hands hoping to bluff you out later. So I would c/c, c/c. Then again if I have a monster I'm going to check/raise a fair amount of the time too so... Since I believe a 2/4 plays close to 100/200 online I would probably check that turn and let him try to bluff me out of the pot.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Online 100/200, I would check often in this spot. They never ever take free card and will often peel the flop with 77-99/KQ type hands hoping to bluff you out later. So I would c/c, c/c. Then again if I have a monster I'm going to check/raise a fair amount of the time too so... Since I believe a 2/4 plays close to 100/200 online I would probably check that turn and let him try to bluff me out of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is hard to figure what the "live" play is likely to be. Most aggressive players online, when they're the preflop aggressor in a heads up pot, will make continuation bets on the flop and turn. When they check the turn it is less likely to be for a free card and more likely an attempt to induce a bluff by the opponent on the river when they have a hand with marginal show down value. Even though my online experience is at much smaller stakes than yours, I was a prop on sites with little traffic and I spent most of the day playing 4 and 5 handed games against other props. I think they played much like most higher stakes games.

I think this turn is a very tough choice. If the turn is a K or Q, I check for sure.