Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 06:33 AM

Default DSF in Germany plans 800 hours of TV poker by 2008

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...361102,00.html

According to German overseas TV/radio broadcaster Deutsche Welle, German basic cable sports TV network DSF is planning to air about 800 hours of TV poker by 2008.

Programming executives at DSF caught the TV poker bug after viewership for the FullTiltPoker.net Monaco Invitational (featuring Phil Ivey, John Juanda, Devilfish, Gus Hansen, Mike Matusow, Phil Hellmuth, and Jesus Ferguson), which (to the best of my understanding) aired live between Midnight and 4am CET on November 25, 2005, exceeded all expectations.

DSF programming executives proceeded to the syndication offices of ESPN International and FOX Sports International in London, where DSF bought the German-language TV rights to practically every poker show ESPN International and FOX Sports International have in their respective inventories for airing in 2006.

DSF has begun developing its own TV poker programming tailored to the audience in the German-speaking world, including Germany, Austria, a major portion of Switzerland (the area around Zurich), the South Tirol section of Italy, and Liechtenstein.

(Disclaimer: I am currently in discussion with one German-speaking player for representation on a particular project, and I am evaluating a second player for potential fit on another project. I studied 1 year of German 19 years ago as a Chemistry undergraduate at the University of California at Berkeley. Never in my wildest dream did I think that I will be using the German language as a business tool.)

Old 05-02-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: DSF in Germany plans 800 hours of TV poker by 2008

[ QUOTE ]

(Shameless Self-Promotion: I am currently in discussion with one German-speaking player for representation on a particular project, and I am evaluating a second player for potential fit on another project. I studied 1 year of German 19 years ago as a Chemistry undergraduate at the University of California at Berkeley. Never in my wildest dream did I think that I will be using the German language as a business tool.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want anybody to get the wrong impression of what 'disclaimer' means.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: DSF in Germany plans 800 hours of TV poker by 2008

when will the wsop be moving to berlin?