Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: NBC affiliates pre-empting Poker After Dark

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, is WXIA dumb! They can't be doing it on purpose. They must think it's a half hour show. You better email or call them and let them know. Congratulations WXIA, you win the award for dumbest affiliate!!! Second place goes to King tv Seattle for running part of episode #1 in middle of episode #2. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get this: the wrapup show was listed at 4:00am here in Atlanta. This time, only the second half of the show was shown. I started to think that maybe Comcast was to blame - maybe the TV listings were screwy, causing my DVR to be off. But then I realized that from 4:00 to 4:30 I got Wheel of Fortune. Then, at 4:30, PAD picked up part way through, when Zolotow was discussing his elimination. It ran right through to the end.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:31 AM

I'm in Memphis and will send an e-mail or two (from different addresses and using different language) to the GM of WMC.

But I'm mostly okay with watching the re-broadcast on NBC.com or even highlights on YouTube if that's the best I can get.

Also - Poker After Dark should probably not be abbreviated POD.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, is WXIA dumb! They can't be doing it on purpose. They must think it's a half hour show. You better email or call them and let them know. Congratulations WXIA, you win the award for dumbest affiliate!!! Second place goes to King tv Seattle for running part of episode #1 in middle of episode #2. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get this: the wrapup show was listed at 4:00am here in Atlanta. This time, only the second half of the show was shown. I started to think that maybe Comcast was to blame - maybe the TV listings were screwy, causing my DVR to be off. But then I realized that from 4:00 to 4:30 I got Wheel of Fortune. Then, at 4:30, PAD picked up part way through, when Zolotow was discussing his elimination. It ran right through to the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am also in Atlanta and was irritated about this.

Our NBC station sucks. They change the schedule a lot and show Jeopardy at 4:30 instead of in the evening like everywhere else in America.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:18 AM

If your NBC station won't carry it, lobby an independent station to pick it up as a "wild card." Years ago, this was a common practice.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:02 AM

raymer is ok i dont know whos on the show since i havent seen it but i would like to see ivey, forrest, grinder, juanda, chan,harman at one table
Old 01-10-2007, 05:48 PM

Contrary to the first week, episodes 1 and 2 this week have been broadcast in full by WXIA in Atlanta. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is a permanent correction, rather than an aberration.