Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Need to know drop for 1/2 blind NL games in LA for eTable analysis

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not the guy you're thinking of above. I usually on the quiet side for most sessions but I'll be chatty at times, depending on my mood and who I'm with. I'm always quiet when in a hand; I'd make terrible TV.

I've been going to the Bike about once or twice a week, the floor would be able to pick me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been cutting back on my B&M play because I got involved in a really juicy home game at the end of August. We play once a week on Saturday nights, usually starts at 7pm and ends after 3 am. I'm making more money in this game than I do at the bike so I figure it's got to be a sign of good things. It can get really wild. $100 buy in with 2/3 blinds. NLHE. Usually 5 or 6 players. By the end of the night there's almost always more than $3000 in (and no, I do not have a stop loss on this game LOL) and one night there was $7800. I've posted about it a few times in Home Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only "home games" I get invited to feature guys like Gabe, mike l., Deathdonkey, Clarkmeister, JustinA, Michael Davis, AndyFox, and people even smarter. I'm the token idiot.

I need to figure out how to get invited to your type of home game.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine once had a home game where only one person showed up with money. After they won they money from him, he went to the bank and brought some more money.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not the guy you're thinking of above. I usually on the quiet side for most sessions but I'll be chatty at times, depending on my mood and who I'm with. I'm always quiet when in a hand; I'd make terrible TV.

I've been going to the Bike about once or twice a week, the floor would be able to pick me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been cutting back on my B&M play because I got involved in a really juicy home game at the end of August. We play once a week on Saturday nights, usually starts at 7pm and ends after 3 am. I'm making more money in this game than I do at the bike so I figure it's got to be a sign of good things. It can get really wild. $100 buy in with 2/3 blinds. NLHE. Usually 5 or 6 players. By the end of the night there's almost always more than $3000 in (and no, I do not have a stop loss on this game LOL) and one night there was $7800. I've posted about it a few times in Home Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only "home games" I get invited to feature guys like Gabe, mike l., Deathdonkey, Clarkmeister, JustinA, Michael Davis, AndyFox, and people even smarter. I'm the token idiot.

I need to figure out how to get invited to your type of home game.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a tip: Don't play in home games populated by people who are frequent online players. :-)

The game I am in has no one who plays online or live except me. They all work and have families and the surprising thing to me is that they are all willing and able to put in hundreds and hundreds week after week. I actually get a tingly feeling around Thursday every week in anticipation. LOL.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HG has the following:

$20 NL table with 1/1 blinds. Drop is $2.00 plus $.50 jackpot.
$40 NL table with 1/2 blinds. Drop is $2.50 plus $.50 jackpot.

I can't remember the drop when the number of players drops since they usually run pretty full tables there when I'm playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Played at Hawaiian Garden's today for the first time in a couple of months and took note of the collection for the small games during a break.

$40 NL table:

9,8,7 handed is $2.50
6 handed is $2
5 handed is $1.50
4 handed is $1

$20 NL table:

9,8,7 handed is $2
6 handed is $1.50
5 handed is $1

They didn't post four-handed for the $20 table; I would assume a four handed table with 1/1 blinds always breaks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I did speak with the Floorperson who told me they never take "all the money" as they do at the HP eTable.

~ Rick

PS I'm posting in this somewhat dated thread so I can link to it for verified drop information in future threads.

PPS Stuck $60 playing the $300 buy NL, but I ate at least $80 worth of comped food.